Senior Lab Technician in Cell Banking (m/f/d)
Today Lonza is a global leader in life sciences. We are more than 15,000 employees in more than 100 locations around the world. While we work in science, there’s no magic formula to how we do it. Our greatest scientific solution is talented people working together, devising ideas that help businesses to help people. In exchange, we let our people own their careers. Their ideas, big and small, genuinely improve the world. And that’s the kind of work we want to be part of.
You are passionate about Biotechnology and you want to make a difference in your career? Become part of this exciting opportunity and join our Mammalian cell banking team by applying for the position as Senior Lab Technician in Cell Banking for Ibex™ Solutions in Visp, Switzerland.
- Perform operational activities for assigned manufacturing projects in cell banking area
- Act as Biotechnologist in manufacturing working in an interdisciplinary team of biotechnologists, scientists, lab technicians and specialists
- In cell banking you will perform preparation of master and working cell banks
- This responsibility covers all process steps of mammalian cell banking from cell culture to filling including viability studies for clinical and commercial manufacturing projects
- Support the team in keeping the processes and facility operational ready
- Bachelor degree in Biotechnology, Biochemistry or similar field or laboratory education in Biology
- Working experience in cell culture operating units
- Good biotechnology expertise in the area of cell banking
- Very good GMP understanding
- Excellent communication skills in English and/or German
Every day, Lonza’s products and services have a positive impact on millions of people. For us, this is not only a great privilege, but also a great responsibility. How we achieve our business results is just as important as the achievements themselves. At Lonza, we respect and protect our people and our environment. Any success we achieve is no success at all if not achieved ethically.
People come to Lonza for the challenge and creativity of solving complex problems and developing new ideas in life sciences. In return, we offer the satisfaction that comes with improving lives all around the world. The satisfaction that comes with making a meaningful difference.