Today Lonza is a global leader in life sciences. We are more than 15,000 employees in more than 100 locations around the world. While we work in science, there’s no magic formula to how we do it. Our greatest scientific solution is talented people working together, devising ideas that help businesses to help people. In exchange, we let our people own their careers. Their ideas, big and small, genuinely improve the world. And that’s the kind of work we want to be part of.
Here at Lonza Burton, we have an opportuinty for an Operatiosn Specilaist to join us on a full time, permanent basis.
Reporting to the Assistant Operations Manager you will support the Operations Team in Warehousing and Packing, in a pharmaceutical clean environment, to ensure the company meets its objectives in terms GMP and GDP.
- Completing manufacturing batch records in a pharmaceutical clean room.
- Co-ordination of import storage and distribution activities.
- Reviewing SOPs /work instructions relating to production activities.
- Managing receipt, storage and issue of materials, in process and finished goods.
- Articulate in communications via phone and e-mail to clients and internal stakeholders.
- Reviewing levels of non-stock and purchasing non-stock items via WMS.
- Ensuring stock levels are accurate and maintained.
The list of duties is not intended to be exhaustive, but gives a general indication of the tasks involved. It is the nature of the company that tasks and responsibilities are, in many circumstances, unpredictable and varied. All employees are, therefore, expected to work in a flexible way when the occasion arises and acknowledge that tasks not specifically covered in their job description are not excluded.
- Previous experience of either GMP or GDP pharmaceutical operations is preferable
- Knowledge of warehouse technology and methods
- Good ability to read and interpret technical documents such as Operations manuals, Master Batch Records, Protocols, Standard Operating Procedures.
- Good mathematical skills required
- Good computer skills required. To perform this job successfully, an individual should have knowledge of Microsoft Word and Excel. Frequent electronic communication required (e.g.: e-mail)
Every day, Lonza’s products and services have a positive impact on millions of people. For us, this is not only a great privilege, but also a great responsibility. How we achieve our business results is just as important as the achievements themselves. At Lonza, we respect and protect our people and our environment. Any success we achieve is no success at all if not achieved ethically.
People come to Lonza for the challenge and creativity of solving complex problems and developing new ideas in life sciences. In return, we offer the satisfaction that comes with improving lives all around the world. The satisfaction that comes with making a meaningful difference.