Associate Warehouse Manager
United States, Rochester (New York)
Associate Warehouse Manager
What makes YOU different?
Lonza Specialty Ingredients (LSI) combines technological innovation with world class manufacturing and process excellence. Specialty Chemical Services provides solutions for composite materials and processing additives for technically demanding industries, such as electronics, transportation and aerospace. We also provide performance intermediates & chemicals for many industrial applications, such as agro intermediates, food & feed ingredients, cosmetics, non-current good manufacturing practices (non-cGMP) intermediates, and custom development & manufacturing.
Lonza Specialty Ingredients (LSI) is looking for an Associate Warehouse Manager in our Rochester, NY facility. We're looking for someone to plan, direct, and coordinate the receipt, sampling, storage, transfer and distribution operations within the Rochester organization (McKee, Lyell and 58) and all activities of the organization related to safety, compliance (FDA, DOT, EPA, IATA, IMDG) and financial performance of these products.
- Responsible for supporting the Lonza philosophy, “The Goal is Zero” in his/her job routine. Works to attain the purpose, “Zero injuries, Zero process incidents, Zero distribution incidents, and Zero environmental incidents”.
- Supervise the training and activities of workers engaged in receiving, storing, testing, and shipping products or materials. Monitoring the quantity and quality of the work in progress, setting objectives, coaching employees in pursuit of those objectives, and providing performance feedback and development to warehouse staff.
- Respond to stakeholders’ questions and complaints regarding storage and distribution services.
- Develop and document standard and emergency operating procedures for receiving, handling, storing, shipping, or salvaging products or materials.
- Ensure the warehouses are inspection ready at all times. Responsible for overall inspection readiness and compliance of areas assigned.
- Maintains control of team spending vs. budget and provides support in preparation of annual budgets
- Coordinate cross-departmentally to ensure accurate inventory levels are maintained: Stakeholder include: Manufacturing, Finance, Supply Chain, Warehouse, Planning
- Ensure adherence to rotational programs (FEFO, FIFO) in support of SMOG initiatives
- Bachelor Degree General, Business or applicable concentrations
- 3-7 years of experience in a similar role required
- Previous experience managing staff
- Previous experience in a GMP environment
- DOT – IMDG – IATA Certification
A major part of the heritage of LSI is being able to deliver unique solutions to its customers. Being the driving force behind this approach – listening, asking, understanding to match the right elements in a new way has been an inherent part of our day-to-day business. Always with the goal to enable a competitive advantage for each customer with a specific product, package or solution.
Lonza is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, status as a qualified individual with disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.