Global Category Manager - Metal Driven Compounds
United States, Alpharetta (Georgia)
Global Category Manager, Metal Drive Compounds, Pigments and Dyes
What makes YOU different?
Lonza Specialty Ingredients (LSI) combines technological innovation with world class manufacturing and process excellence. Specialty Chemical Services provides solutions for composite materials and processing additives for technically demanding industries, such as electronics, transportation and aerospace. We also provide performance intermediates & chemicals for many industrial applications, such as agro intermediates, food & feed ingredients, cosmetics, non-current good manufacturing practices (non-cGMP) intermediates, and custom development & manufacturing.
LSI is looking for a Global Category Manager to lead and assume full accountability for Global Metal Driven Compounds, Pigments and Dyes Category supporting all LSI businesses in all of regions globally. This role drives category expertise through an understanding of supply markets/trends, cost drivers and the impact to Lonza’s business model while effectively prioritize work incorporating Operations, Quality and Business Unit requirements. This position will be based in Alpharetta, GA.
- Drive Procurement for the category Metal Driven Compounds, Pigments and Dyes products Globally for Lonza Specialty ingredients
- Manage the relevant product supply process and enhance the overall effectiveness of the supply chain
- Develop and maintain market understanding and working knowledge of supply economics, processes and cost drivers for the relevant product portfolio, including staying abreast of new technologies.
- Interpret information and translate into actionable strategies and forward-looking analyses. Ensure sourcing objectives, actions and priorities are aligned both within Global Procurement and the stakeholders.
- Support and lead specific supplier selection, negotiation and supplier management strategies – maintain alignment and support strategy development on entire category
- Drive awareness of active supply issues clarifying business impact and lead resolution plans.
- Review Supplier Change Notices and work closely with Supplier Quality to prioritize and drive implementations.
- Work closely with Supplier Quality to monitor supplier performance metrics and actively participate in CAPA development, execution and closure plans – drive supplier accountability.
- Review supplier audit schedule, conduct pre audit meeting with supplier, participate in post supplier audit meetings; Attend supplier audits when feasible.
- Maintain knowledge of Approved Suppliers and assist Supplier Quality to execute supplier Quality Agreements
- Share rolling requirements forecasts with suppliers and work with Lonza manufacturing sites to develop effective inventory replenishment strategies.
- Deeply assess supply base to identify risks of supply disruptions within the supply chain.
- Develop risk management strategies and drive development and implementation of appropriate risk mitigation plans.
- Work closely with business stakeholders to understand business impact and build inventories and implement alternate sources of supply where appropriate.
- Support the development of negotiation plans for the overall category/sub-category.
- Plan, lead and execute negotiations of commercial terms and supply agreements.
- Identify required stakeholders and establish a negotiation team, including members of Lonza’s legal team.
- Key components of the negotiation strategy to include stakeholder input, negotiation objectives, Lonza interests, supplier interests, Lonza leverage points, supplier leverage points and a pre-programmed execution plan, which includes defined roles and responsibilities of the negotiation team.
- Work closely with key stakeholders to develop cost reduction strategies and implementation plans that meet business needs.
- Drive annual cost savings (includes year over year price reductions and cost avoidance with value generation) in each spend category/sub-category.
- Track savings programs in relative financial and sourcing repositories, forecast savings vs. standard and monitor actuals.
- Develop savings pipeline, champion and ensure implementation of ideas that will optimize TCO and communicate progress against targets.
SUPPLIER RELATIONSHIP MANAGEMENT
- Identify suitable suppliers and evaluate their capability.
- Identify and leverage global synergy opportunities with materials, suppliers and / or Lonza businesses
- Manage relationships with vendors acting as the primary point of contact within Lonza.
- Assess all suppliers for category portfolio.
- Ensure highest level of supplier engagement, specifically for integrated and preferred suppliers.
- Manage escalation of issues with supplier.
- Develop the supplier relationship according to the expectations per supplier segment.
- Review supplier performance and impact in the Lonza Network, manage supplier communication paying particular attention to EHS / Quality / Commercial compliance.
- Lead supplier relationship management and supplier development activities to ensure reliable high quality supply.
- Drive supplier performance, compliance and accountability thru supplier scorecards and performance metrics.
- Identify and engage with internal stakeholders, including Operations, Quality, Business Units, Corporate Functions and R&D.
- Clarify stakeholder requirements, drive proactive communications and include in strategy development and implementation.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- BS in Purchasing, Engineering, Chemistry, Finance or Business
- Seven or more years of operations experience with 4-5 years in Procurement/Strategic Sourcing
- Experience in a regulated industry preferred
- Demonstrated experience in category management and strategic sourcing
- Business and financial acumen and Strategic Sourcing expertise
A major part of the heritage of LSI is being able to deliver unique solutions to its customers. Being the driving force behind this approach – listening, asking, understanding to match the right elements in a new way has been an inherent part of our day-to-day business. Always with the goal to enable a competitive advantage for each customer with a specific product, package or solution.
Lonza is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, status as a qualified individual with disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.