United States, Greenwood (South Carolina)
Today Lonza is a global leader in life sciences. We are more than 15,000 employees in more than 100 locations around the world. While we work in science, there’s no magic formula to how we do it. Our greatest scientific solution is talented people working together, devising ideas that help businesses to help people. In exchange, we let our people own their careers. Their ideas, big and small, genuinely improve the world. And that’s the kind of work we want to be part of.
The Shift Leader is responsible for providing leadership to shift colleagues and overseeing all stages of the process including: tank preparation, filling and sealing operation, and inspection and packaging operation while maintaining a clean and safe work environment.
- Participates in the daily Production Meeting to report the status of orders.
- Makes decisions to coordinate resources for released orders.
- Approves and maintains Kronos time-clock for Non-Exempt colleagues.
- Provides communication and feedback to colleagues on business metrics
- Manage colleague performance and drive accountability.
- Delegating responsibilities to colleagues ensuring that they are efficient and accurate.
- Drive a safety culture where all colleagues are engaged in ensuring a safe workplace
- Increase and share knowledge with colleagues on job responsibilities and skills
- Assists in all aspects of shift operations and provides guidance to Lead Operators.
- Licaps-DFS experience is required.
- High School Graduate or GED equivalent.
- Passing scores on all required Work Keys and tests for external applicants.
- Must have excellent communication skills and the ability to work well with others in a team atmosphere.
- Must be able to make good business decisions under time constraints.
Every day, Lonza’s products and services have a positive impact on millions of people. For us, this is not only a great privilege, but also a great responsibility. How we achieve our business results is just as important as the achievements themselves. At Lonza, we respect and protect our people and our environment. Any success we achieve is no success at all if not achieved ethically.
People come to Lonza for the challenge and creativity of solving complex problems and developing new ideas in life sciences. In return, we offer the satisfaction that comes with improving lives all around the world. The satisfaction that comes with making a meaningful difference.
Lonza is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, status as a qualified individual with disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.