Head OPEX Quality (m/f/d)
Today Lonza is a global leader in life sciences. We are more than 15,000 employees in more than 100 locations around the world. While we work in science, there’s no magic formula to how we do it. Our greatest scientific solution is talented people working together, devising ideas that help businesses to help people. In exchange, we let our people own their careers. Their ideas, big and small, genuinely improve the world. And that’s the kind of work we want to be part of.
As member of the Site Quality Leadership Team, the Head OPEX Quality (m/f/d) leads all strategic & operational OPEX activities related to the implementation of the quality strategy at the site in Visp, Switzerland. Digitalization and automation are fantastic opportunities to increase efficiency at the Site in Visp that currently undergoes huge growth. The OPEX Quality Team develops OPEX knowhow and drives efficiency with special focus on Quality Control and Quality Assurance activities.
- Establish a strong OPEX Quality Team that drives efficiency of Quality Control and Quality Assurance activities in close collaboration with the global Head Digital Transformation, global QMS, global IT as well as Visp QA and QC leaders.
- Aligned with the overall quality strategy, identify OPEX business cases, support investment requests and lead project execution for major change & innovation projects at the site.
- Create a culture that fosters innovation and continuous improvement within QA and QC. Watch out for best operational excellence practice within Pharma and as well as other industries to get ideas for improvement of current practices. Actively engage in global improvement projects to standardize, simplify, digitalize and automate quality processes.
- Track Quality performance of Visp site and trigger necessary actions to achieve targets.
- Bachelor or Master degree
- Deep Lean / Six Sigma knowledge and experience. Black belt certification is a plus.
- Extensive industry experience with proven track record in triggering and executing improvement projects leading to significant efficiency gains
- Inspiring leadership and communication skills
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills
- Excellent team player who is able to work effectively in a matrix organization
Every day, Lonza’s products and services have a positive impact on millions of people. For us, this is not only a great privilege, but also a great responsibility. How we achieve our business results is just as important as the achievements themselves. At Lonza, we respect and protect our people and our environment. Any success we achieve is no success at all if not achieved ethically.
People come to Lonza for the challenge and creativity of solving complex problems and developing new ideas in life sciences. In return, we offer the satisfaction that comes with improving lives all around the world. The satisfaction that comes with making a meaningful difference.