Senior Payroll Specialist
Today Lonza is a global leader in life sciences. We are more than 15,000 employees in more than 100 locations around the world. While we work in science, there’s no magic formula to how we do it. Our greatest scientific solution is talented people working together, devising ideas that help businesses to help people. In exchange, we let our people own their careers. Their ideas, big and small, genuinely improve the world. And that’s the kind of work we want to be part of.
This role is based in our plant in Dharuhera plant ( 1 hour from Gurgaon), which has a collective staff and will be having significant interface with collective staff, employee union staff and non-collective staff. He / She will deliver accurate and timely payroll services to the Lonza and Capsugel India & to ensure that payroll preparation and delivery, employee and colleague requests and queries, report completion and record maintenance is completed in accordance with Lonza processes, utilizing the internal and external systems and procedures.
He/She will act with considerable independence, discretion, judgment and initiative in providing timely and accurate information and advice on policies, procedures, administrative and operational issues and collective agreements.
- Manage end -to end payroll processing, reports, records and updates including continuous improvement initiative.
- Managing payroll vendor and internal stakeholders.
- SPOC for all SAP / Workday activity (Hiring, Updating, MIS, Separation, promotion, Transfer).
- Responsible for employee database management (SAP and Workday) and Personnel files
- Leave management for all employees including manual leave inputs for collective staff
- Time office for plant based employees
- Maintain and ensure data accuracy
- Responsible for employee life cycle i.e. preparation of offer letter, co-ordination of onboarding formalities including Induction programs, confirmation, employee benefits & data changes and off boarding.
- Timely resolution of employee queries including queries around income tax, benefits, perquisites, Provident Fund, Gratuity claims
- Support Annual compensation reviews, by way of supporting by creating database, issuing of letters etc.
- Support yearly budgeting process and other processes that requires employee and payroll data
- Responsible to monthly site-specific reports (Headcount or payroll related)
- Employee relation activities and projects from time to time
- Providing data to finance for all audits from time to tome and resolving queries regarding the same
- SME - Manufacturing end- to end Payroll Processing
- Experience in Timekeeping and Attendance recording systems
- Experience of managing interface with employee unions and exposure to plant based environment is preferred
- Experience of working in matrix multinational environment
- Proficient in handling HRIS as Administrator. Good knowledge of managing employee database, SAP System and proper documentation of all Records.
- Experience in handling full employee life cycle from onboarding to offboarding
Every day, Lonza's products and services have a positive impact on millions of people. For us, this is not only a great privilege, but also a great responsibility. How we achieve our business results is just as important as the achievements themselves. At Lonza, we respect and protect our people and our environment. Any success we achieve is no success at all if not achieve ethically.
People come to Lonza for the challenge and creativity of solving complex problems and developing new ideas in life sciences. In return, we offer the satisfaction that comes with improving lives all around the world. The satisfaction that comes with making a meaningful difference.