Business Development Manager
Today Lonza is a global leader in life sciences. We are more than 15,000 employees in more than 100 locations around the world. While we work in science, there’s no magic formula to how we do it. Our greatest scientific solution is talented people working together, devising ideas that help businesses to help people. In exchange, we let our people own their careers. Their ideas, big and small, genuinely improve the world. And that’s the kind of work we want to be part of.
We are currently looking for an experienced Business Development Manager to cover France and Italy.
This position will be responsible to identify, coordinate and close business opportunities to grow Lonza’s share in the oral dosage marketplace including ingredients. Identify and select strategic business opportunities and to define effective plans to secure growth for Lonza by targeting not only the traditional hard capsule needs and the dosage forms solutions needs, but to look for ways to develop business at marketing, consumer health care and other non-traditional companies to drive use of our entire portfolio of products and services.
Due to the nature of this role, fluency within French and English language is mandatory.
- Responsible for generating new business & expansion of the customer base through direct customer visits and flawless project management
- Must be able to generate and close new business opportunities by promoting current technologies and emerging technologies as they become available
- Identifies market trends, assesses market potential and develops strategies to grow Lonza’s market share in the Consumer Healthcare Industries.
- Makes presentations and implements development projects at Consumer Health and Nutrition customers, sets in place the required project plans and executes the plan and closes new business.
- Provides timely project-related customer support and defines and interfaces with internal resources, when necessary.
- Works with Lonza marketing, sales, customer service, marketing and product development to develop strategies that ensures Lonza’s position as a multi products solution provider for customers’ existing products and new product introductions.
- Ability to sell and manage to all levels of relationships including President, VP, Director, and CEO
What we need you to have:
- BSc Qualified as a minimum, MBA Qualified would be an advantage.
- Min 3-5 years of (Strategic) Business Planning, including Sales, Product Development, Marketing and Business Development experience
- French & Italian territory knowledge and intelligence (based in France or Italy)
- Experienced in consumer healthcare, dietary supplements or functional foods
- Must have project management experience in developing and implementing the introduction of new lines of products or new technologies to the marketplace, and be able to manage the project to conclusion with a results oriented focus.
- Must be willing to travel extensively (60%) and at any time.
- Knowledge of product life cycles is required.
- Must be execution and result oriented, possess the ability to work independently, with a high degree of interpersonal savvy, organizational agility, and managerial courage.
Every day, Lonza’s products and services have a positive impact on millions of people. For us, this is not only a great privilege, but also a great responsibility. How we achieve our business results is just as important as the achievements themselves. At Lonza, we respect and protect our people and our environment. Any success we achieve is no success at all if not achieved ethically.
People come to Lonza for the challenge and creativity of solving complex problems and developing new ideas in life sciences. In return, we offer the satisfaction that comes with improving lives all around the world. The satisfaction that comes with making a meaningful difference.