Engineer, Continuous Improvement
United States, Greenwood (South Carolina)
Today Lonza is a global leader in life sciences. We are more than 15,000 employees in more than 100 locations around the world. While we work in science, there’s no magic formula to how we do it. Our greatest scientific solution is talented people working together, devising ideas that help businesses to help people. In exchange, we let our people own their careers. Their ideas, big and small, genuinely improve the world. And that’s the kind of work we want to be part of.
The continuous improvement engineer role will drive the CI program at the site and will liaison with the network Operational Excellence team. The position will be the champion for the innovation strategic pillar and lead the innovation council with input from key stakeholders.
- Develops and leads the continuous improvement program from the analysis and determination of each of the strategic initiatives to the generation of the organizational benefit
- Studies production processes to identify areas of opportunity that represent priority, aligned with the strategic objectives of the organization in terms of Safety, Quality, Productivity and Cost.
- Program improvement activities for waste reduction, increased productivity, optimization of processes and resources, ensuring product quality, economic savings, reduction of operating expenses, reduction of complaints and reduction of internal expenses.
- Implements and monitors productivity indicators including savings from project deliverables.
- Lead and facilitate Kaizen teams, focused on consistently improving critical areas and products.
- Train workforce on tools and methodologies related to Continuous Improvement processes.
- Coach colleague led teams for continuous improvement initiatives.
- Works closely with the corporate network sharing learning from improvement projects and obtaining information on project results implemented in the other sites.
- Bachelors in Engineering
- Green Belt Certification (Black Belt preferred)
- Lean Six Sigma Certification (preferred)
- 5-10 years Engineering Experience
Every day, Lonza’s products and services have a positive impact on millions of people. For us, this is not only a great privilege, but also a great responsibility. How we achieve our business results is just as important as the achievements themselves. At Lonza, we respect and protect our people and our environment. Any success we achieve is no success at all if not achieved ethically.
People come to Lonza for the challenge and creativity of solving complex problems and developing new ideas in life sciences. In return, we offer the satisfaction that comes with improving lives all around the world. The satisfaction that comes with making a meaningful difference.
Lonza is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, status as a qualified individual with disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.