Continuous Improvement Engineer
Continuous Improvement Engineer
Today, Lonza is a global leader in life sciences operating across three continents. While we work in science, there’s no magic formula to how we do it. Our greatest scientific solution is talented people working together, devising ideas that help businesses to help people. In exchange, we let our people own their careers. Their ideas, big and small, genuinely improve the world. And that’s the kind of work we want to be part of.
The Continuous Improvement Engineer is responsible for leading the continuous improvement of internal organizational processes to improve Quality, Safety, Productivity and Cost. They are a champion for continuous improvement teams and liaison to the corporate Operational Excellence network. This position reports directly to the Site Director and is responsible to support a multi-site campus.
- Develops and leads the continuous improvement program from the analysis and determination of each of the strategic initiatives to the generation of the organizational benefit.
- Studies production processes to identify areas of opportunity that represent priority, aligned with the strategic objectives of the organization in terms of Safety, Quality, Productivity and Cost.
- Program improvement activities for waste reduction, increased productivity, optimization of processes and resources, ensuring product quality, economic savings, reduction of operating expenses, reduction of complaints and reduction of internal expenses.
- Implements and monitors productivity indicators including savings from project deliverables.
- Lead and facilitate Kaizen teams, focused on consistently improving critical areas and products.
- Train workforce on tools and methodologies related to Continuous Improvement processes.
- Coach colleague led teams for continuous improvement initiatives.
- Works closely with the corporate network sharing learnings from improvement projects and obtaining information on project results implemented in the other sites.
- Bachelors’ degree in Engineering required.
- Advanced experience in engineering required.
- Some indirect supervisory experience preferred.
- Green belt or higher certification required.
- Lean Six Sigma experienced preferred.
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written.
- Ability to manage teams and lead colleagues in the completion of goals.
- Must be able to interact with colleagues at all levels of the business.
- Must be able to make timely and sound business decisions.
- Must be able to work in intense situations, manage work stress and pressure.
Every day, Lonza’s products and services have a positive impact on millions of people. For us, this is not only a great privilege, but also a great responsibility. How we achieve our business results is just as important as the achievements themselves. At Lonza, we respect and protect our people and our environment. Any success we achieve is no success at all if not achieved ethically.
People come to Lonza for the challenge and creativity of solving complex problems and developing new ideas in life sciences. In return, we offer the satisfaction that comes with improving lives all around the world. The satisfaction that comes with making a meaningful difference.
Lonza is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, status as a qualified individual with disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.