Crystallization Expert Pharma Manufacturing
Today Lonza is a global leader in life sciences. We are more than 15,000 employees in more than 100 locations around the world. While we work in science, there’s no magic formula to how we do it. Our greatest scientific solution is talented people working together, devising ideas that help businesses to help people. In exchange, we let our people own their careers. Their ideas, big and small, genuinely improve the world. And that’s the kind of work we want to be part of.
Lonza in Visp is looking for a Solid Form Expert Pharma Manufacturing. As a Chemical engineer in our MSAT (Manufacturing Science & Technology) team for Chemical Manufacturing Pharma you are responsible for crystallization, filtration, drying and milling tasks in connection with scale up, implementation and optimization of chemical processes. As a technical expert you support the proactive life-cycle management of pharma products through continuous and systematic optimization of production processes.
You also play a key role during new product introductions and are responsible for a smooth and complete process knowledge transfer from the customer to Lonza. You will work in interdisciplinary teams committed to ensure product profitability and sustainable business success.
- Supports new product implementations and process development/optimization in respect of crystallization, isolation, drying and milling
- Resolves issues in crystallization, isolation, drying and milling processes that may arise during manufacturing (troubleshooting and production support)
- Plans and supervises experimental lab work
- Collects, summarizes and analyses data to prepare reports and makes presentations, as appropriate, to disseminate best practice throughout the organisation
- May provides technical expertise and consulting to technical and business decisions and solves scientific problems
- The extended area of expertise may includes polymorphism, solid state characterisation and chiral resolution
- Anticipation and evaluation of trends and new technologies in the field of expertise
- Supports external collaboration projects
- Ph.D. or MS, preferred area of study: chemical engineering (focus on solid form)
- Good understanding of procedures and concepts within the field of chemical engineering
- Working experience in Research&development or operations
- Sound problem solving skills
- Conceptual and innovative thinking to develop ground-breaking solutions
- Self-directed and motivated with strong analytical skills
- Systematic and orderly planning abilities
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Fluency in bot German and English
Every day, Lonza’s products and services have a positive impact on millions of people. For us, this is not only a great privilege, but also a great responsibility. How we achieve our business results is just as important as the achievements themselves. At Lonza, we respect and protect our people and our environment. Any success we achieve is no success at all if not achieved ethically.
People come to Lonza for the challenge and creativity of solving complex problems and developing new ideas in life sciences. In return, we offer the satisfaction that comes with improving lives all around the world. The satisfaction that comes with making a meaningful difference.