Senior Administrative Assistant
United States, Houston (Texas)
Today Lonza is a global leader in life sciences. We are more than 15,000 employees in more than 100 locations around the world. While we work in science, there’s no magic formula to how we do it. Our greatest scientific solution is talented people working together, devising ideas that help businesses to help people. In exchange, we let our people own their careers. Their ideas, big and small, genuinely improve the world. And that’s the kind of work we want to be part of.
The Senior Administrative Assistant not only supports our Houston site but will also be the face of Lonza for our customers, guests, and vendors. The Senior Administrative Assistant is also responsible for supporting Team by performing various clerical and administrative duties. This includes data entry tasks, filing, scanning, and answering queries by searching, reporting, and retrieving files.
- Provide Administrative support to the Senior Site Director and his/her Direct Reports.
- Provide Administrative support and coordination of Cell and Gene Technology Leadership and Houston Leadership Teams
- Provides support by welcoming and providing information to internal and external customers, vendors or guests, either in person or by telephone, answering or directing inquiries, representing management, and maintaining relationships with other management and non-management personnel;
- Completes follow up conversations on project completion timelines with managers;
- Collect and distribute information, including scheduling, coordinating daily schedule, calendar appointments, compiling information for meetings, setting priorities;
- Provides administrative support by entering, formatting, scanning, and printing information;
- Completes special projects by organizing and coordinating information and requirements including planning, arranging, and meeting schedules while monitoring results.
- Maintain my daily timekeeping entries, provide backup timekeeping support for several other timekeepers when required in their absence.
- Schedule travel arrangements and expense reports for Senior Management as needed.
- Process billing and invoice activities, including staff utilization.
- Department training coordinator and tracking monthly of Safety Chats.
- Receive and enter Purchase Requisition requests; submit to Supervisors/Managers for approval
- High School Diploma or Equivalent
- Working knowledge in database management. Experience with SAP
- Excellent written and communication skills
- Ability to work well with teams
- Great customer service skills
- Strong computer aptitude, experienced with Microsoft Office Suite (Excel, Word, PowerPoint, SharePoint)
- Strong attention to detail
Every day, Lonza’s products and services have a positive impact on millions of people. For us, this is not only a great privilege, but also a great responsibility. How we achieve our business results is just as important as the achievements themselves. At Lonza, we respect and protect our people and our environment. Any success we achieve is no success at all if not achieved ethically.
People come to Lonza for the challenge and creativity of solving complex problems and developing new ideas in life sciences. In return, we offer the satisfaction that comes with improving lives all around the world. The satisfaction that comes with making a meaningful difference.
Lonza is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, status as a qualified individual with disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.