Quality Control Analyst
United States, Walkersville (Maryland)
Today Lonza is a global leader in life sciences. We are more than 15,000 employees in more than 100 locations around the world. While we work in science, there’s no magic formula to how we do it. Our greatest scientific solution is talented people working together, devising ideas that help businesses to help people. In exchange, we let our people own their careers. Their ideas, big and small, genuinely improve the world. And that’s the kind of work we want to be part of.
Lonza is actively seeking a Quality Control Analyst who will be responsible for supporting personnel monitoring (PM) and environmental monitoring (EM). This will include routine EM, Aseptic Process Simulations (APS’) and Room Qualifications; water system monitoring in both classified and non-classified areas within the Lonza Walkersville facility, and all related Micro Lab activities.
- Perform plate enumeration
- Perform water sampling
- Support Aseptic Process Simulations (APS’) by performing Environmental Monitoring (EM), screening and counting fill-samples, and completing APS related documentation
- Support Room Qualifications by performing Environmental Monitoring (EM) and completing relation documentation
- Perform data entry
- Perform assays such as bioburden
- Assist with lab maintenance (i.e. stocking, ordering, trash removal, equipment cleaning, sweeping, etc.)
- May perform Gram stain and microbial identifications, write and revise Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs), perform project related tasks as assigned with detailed instruction, train other lab analysts on routine test methods
- Perform other duties as assigned
- Bachelor’s Degree in a scientific discipline (or equivalent experience)
- Working laboratory or vocational educational experience (working in a field like chemistry or biology and on the job experience)
- Attains a solid understanding of cGMP principles. Acquires and documents training on all laboratory general tasks and is capable of performing assigned test methods and using associated instrumentation. Knowledge of basic and specialized lab equipment. Knowledge of/ability to learn microbiological methods, microbial identification systems and use of lab equipment
- Problem solves by selecting appropriate alternative from defined options. Writing is typically free of punctuation, spelling and grammatical errors. Records test results and maintains raw data and accurate laboratory records. Strong written and oral communication. Computer software skills including Microsoft Office and SAP. Completes assignments on-time and accurately.
- Interested in learning new things. Open to change. Is optimistic and displays a positive attitude even during periods of adversity. Independent work skills, strong work ethic. Dependable and able to work well within a team.
Every day, Lonza’s products and services have a positive impact on millions of people. For us, this is not only a great privilege, but also a great responsibility. How we achieve our business results is just as important as the achievements themselves. At Lonza, we respect and protect our people and our environment. Any success we achieve is no success at all if not achieved ethically.
People come to Lonza for the challenge and creativity of solving complex problems and developing new ideas in life sciences. In return, we offer the satisfaction that comes with improving lives all around the world. The satisfaction that comes with making a meaningful difference.
Lonza is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, status as a qualified individual with disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.