Senior Project Leader Purification Development
Today Lonza is a global leader in life sciences. We are more than 15,000 employees in more than 100 locations around the world. While we work in science, there’s no magic formula to how we do it. Our greatest scientific solution is talented people working together, devising ideas that help businesses to help people. In exchange, we let our people own their careers. Their ideas, big and small, genuinely improve the world. And that’s the kind of work we want to be part of.
The Senior Project Leader is responsible for the overall technical aspect related to downstream process development and has an in-depth knowledge and experience in executing complex projects ensuring consistency with company commitments and goals.
- Acts as the technical and administrative project lead in complex, long-term DSP development projects.
- Serves as primary on-site interface for the customer and ensures the project is delivered in line with the agreed objectives.
- Anticipates innovations in the area of expertise and manages the implementation of new technologies.
- Acts as direct line manager of technicians / scientists. Coach and mentor other team members.
- Doctoral or master degree in biotechnology or related field with significant experience in a biopharmaceutical environment.
- Practical experience and scientific expertise in DSP relevant areas.
- Able to analyse and solve complex problems that do not have routine solutions.
- Proven leadership skills to motivate and develop team members.
- Ability to communicate effectively at all levels across the organization.
- Fluency in English is required, German is a plus.
Every day, Lonza’s products and services have a positive impact on millions of people. For us, this is not only a great privilege, but also a great responsibility. How we achieve our business results is just as important as the achievements themselves. At Lonza, we respect and protect our people and our environment. Any success we achieve is no success at all if not achieved ethically.
People come to Lonza for the challenge and creativity of solving complex problems and developing new ideas in life sciences. In return, we offer the satisfaction that comes with improving lives all around the world. The satisfaction that comes with making a meaningful difference.