Entry Level, Formulation Technician
Today Lonza is a global leader in life sciences. We are more than 15,000 employees in more than 100 locations around the world. While we work in science, there’s no magic formula to how we do it. Our greatest scientific solution is talented people working together, devising ideas that help businesses to help people. In exchange, we let our people own their careers. Their ideas, big and small, genuinely improve the world. And that’s the kind of work we want to be part of.
This position is responsible for performing production functions in the Class 100 cleanroom (core) and Finishing area according to company and departmental Standard Operating Procedures (SOP’s). Individual will set up and operate production equipment. Individual will maintain records to comply with Good Manufacturing Practices and Standard Operating Procedures.
- Order and maintains adequate production and laboratory supplies using the SAP system
- Order supplies from outside vendors
- Order production labels
- Set-up Media Finishing Lines
- Set-up Media Filling Machines
- Review Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs)/ Minority Biomedical Research (MBRs)/Forms for revision
- Review and sign batch records
- Sign off training records
- Write deviations
- Assist in training entry level staff members
- Associate in Arts in biological sciences with 1-5 years in a Current Good Manufacturing Practice (cGMP) production environment is desirable. College education can be substituted for years of experience.
- Ability to read, understand and follow the production schedule, DMRs (DeviveMaster Records) and SOPs (Standard Operating Procedures).
- Ability to understand the importance of compliance with Good Manufacturing Practices and ISO requirements.
- Must be able to use aseptic technique
- Computer software skills including Microsoft (Outlook, word, excel), SAP and Trackwise
- Must be able to manage time and maintaining regular attendance is mandatory
- Neat and accurate record keeping
- Written and oral communication, team oriented, attention to detail, independent work skills, strong work ethic
Every day, Lonza’s products and services have a positive impact on millions of people. For us, this is not only a great privilege, but also a great responsibility. How we achieve our business results is just as important as the achievements themselves. At Lonza, we respect and protect our people and our environment. Any success we achieve is no success at all if not achieved ethically.
People come to Lonza for the challenge and creativity of solving complex problems and developing new ideas in life sciences. In return, we offer the satisfaction that comes with improving lives all around the world. The satisfaction that comes with making a meaningful difference.
Lonza is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, status as a qualified individual with disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.