MSAT Process Materials Scientist
United Kingdom, Slough
MSAT Process Materials Scientist
Today Lonza is a global leader in life sciences. We are more than 15,000 employees in more than 100 locations around the world. While we work in science, there’s no magic formula to how we do it. Our greatest scientific solution is talented people working together, devising ideas that help businesses to help people. In exchange, we let our people own their careers. Their ideas, big and small, genuinely improve the world. And that’s the kind of work we want to be part of.
We are looking for a MSAT Process Materials Scientist to join our MSAT team based at our manufacturing site in Slough, UK on a 12 month fixed term contract.
Working in collaboration with manufacturing operations, Supply Chain, Procurement and the Tech Transfer scientists within MSAT Slough:
- Generate and maintain raw material lists (RML’s) for new and existing processes introduced into the Slough manufacturing facility in a compliant manner.
- Initiate and ensure the completion of new stock item introduction (NSIs) workflow for new and existing processes introduced into the Slough manufacturing facility in a compliant manner.
- Maintain manufacturing specific consumable and raw material long lead item list, providing prompt feedback to MSAT team to correct for anomalies.
- Works in coordination with other MSAT teams and Supply Chain to review production planning schedules, ensuring accurate materials are planned to minimize financial impact and impact to production schedule adherence / business interruption or financial loss to the company
- Using process and manufacturing operations knowledge for current future batches to maintain live data into process databases in order to improve raw material planning and procurement activities as required at the Slough site
- Working directly with Supply Chain, operations and MSAT process support scientists to ensure for MSAT production materials demand and planning activities, efficient production schedule adherence and capacity expansion
- Ensures the tracking and the monitoring of RMLs and NSIs workflows are completed as per the required timelines being accountable to resolve technical issues and minimize production schedule disruption
- BSc or equivalent in a related discipline such as Biological sciences or Biochemical Engineering
- Proven experience working in a GMP or biologics manufacturing area and use of SAP operating systems
- Knowledge of raw materials and supply chain
- Good interpersonal and organizational skills with ability to contribute at a high level within a cross functional team.
- Proven logic and decision making abilities. Makes real time decision based on knowledge and defined SOPs and policies. Reviews more complex decisions with supervisor and support departments. Provide updates to management on scheduling or process issues based on experience.
- Able to independently create and use complex and highly technical spreadsheets.
People come to Lonza for the challenge and creativity of solving complex problems and developing new ideas in life sciences. In return, we offer the satisfaction that comes with improving lives all around the world. The satisfaction that comes with making a meaningful difference.