Global Human Resources Business Partner (US & EMEA)
United States, Morristown (New Jersey)
Today Lonza is a global leader in life sciences. We are more than 15,000 employees in more than 100 locations around the world. While we work in science, there’s no magic formula to how we do it. Our greatest scientific solution is talented people working together, devising ideas that help businesses to help people. In exchange, we let our people own their careers. Their ideas, big and small, genuinely improve the world. And that’s the kind of work we want to be part of.
Lonza is actively seeking a Global Human Resources (HR) Business Partner CHI (US & EMEA) is responsible for defining and executing the HR strategy in line with overall Corporate and CHI strategy within the US and EMEA for the Capsules and Health Ingredients (CHI) business. The role has overall strategic & operational responsibility with focus on the US & EMEA Leadership Team to manage & supervise HR processes and global HR initiatives effectively. He/she defines & facilitates implementation of Human Resource initiatives, manages & supervises labor & employee relations and provides coaching and counseling to the respective Leadership Team members.
The CHI Business Unit spans around 3,000 colleagues over 11 production sites across the globe of which the biggest is Greenwood, SC in the US. The revenue accountability of the business unit (BU) is over 1.1 Billion CHF.
- Provide HR leadership; coaching, consultation and guidance for all people related matters to the Leadership team.
- Manage together with the line reorganizations effectively and/or define new organization plans in order to build organizational capability.
- Coach and support line managers on current and future plans to design their respective organizations and put in place change management plans to help their operations be successful.
- Provide guidance and recommendations for problem resolution to departmental heads and individuals.
- Drive with the line Managers the building of talent pipelines within respective business areas.
- Manage the relationship with employee representatives as needed.
- Establish hiring strategy (annual resourcing requirements, recruiting approaches, etc) with the line managers, and in partnership with local HRBPs where applicable for in country hiring
- Establish staffing plan with RPO for execution including grade, package and potential sourcing strategy
- Develop/finalize position descriptions and communication (internal and external) with the line
- Identify and liaise with external agencies where necessary for hiring of specialized roles
- Support negotiations on package and benefits together with Rewards team including liaising with Global Mobility where needed for ex-pats
- Support performance management plans and exits for team members where necessary
Training and Organization Development
- Develop and implement HR strategy which is aligned to Global HR and business strategies. Critical areas to be addressed include talent and performance management, employee engagement, succession planning and instigating remedial discussions with Line Managers/Global Heads where necessary.
- Support the design and implementation of team restructuring and transformational activity including any outplacement.
- Support team building and development activity both through personal facilitation of activities and also working in conjunction with external/external specialists
- Actively support in the identification of talent, building of PDP`s and ensuring activities for top talent are regularly reviewed and support is given to develop and source interventions
- Ensure accurate workday records and authorizations across the regions where necessary.
- Monitor and continually seek to improve HR effectiveness by tracking of qualitative and quantitative, business intelligence and other key data such as employee engagement, retention, aged requisitions, succession
- Reporting of key measures, and develop action plans to address areas of concern
- Administration and alignment of the annual performance review cycle including STIP and MAP support for line managers where needed
- Regular and ongoing grading/pay review submissions ensuring alignment with Reward Policies
Global HR Initiatives/COEs
Build collaborative and trusting relationships with internal clients and across the site / global HR network/COEs/HR Services by ensuring that policy guidance is communicated and understood across global locations
- Master’s Degree in Human Resources Management or related discipline
- Senior Professional in Human Resources (SPHR) Certification
- Substantial experience in a Human Resources leadership role, preferably within a Manufacturing/Operations/Pharma/Biotech environment
- Experience with multi-national manufacturing and sales teams (some product knowledge of similar markets/sectors is preferred)
- Substantial experience managing a team of HR professionals, whom are located in different regions (US and EMEA)
- Demonstrated success in leading culture change (new processes, integration, acquisition) at multiple levels with systematic programs/frameworks
- Financial acumen (i.e. retirement/401k, etc.)
- Experience providing leadership/coaching/support to senior management
- Proven thought leader and ability to instigate and deliver projects
- Employee relations (i.e. union/non-union/employee representatives) in a fast moving environment
Every day, Lonza’s products and services have a positive impact on millions of people. For us, this is not only a great privilege, but also a great responsibility. How we achieve our business results is just as important as the achievements themselves. At Lonza, we respect and protect our people and our environment. Any success we achieve is no success at all if not achieved ethically.
People come to Lonza for the challenge and creativity of solving complex problems and developing new ideas in life sciences. In return, we offer the satisfaction that comes with improving lives all around the world. The satisfaction that comes with making a meaningful difference.
Lonza is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, status as a qualified individual with disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.