Operational Excellence Manager (m/f/d)
Today Lonza is a global leader in life sciences. We are more than 15,000 employees in more than 100 locations around the world. While we work in science, there’s no magic formula to how we do it. Our greatest scientific solution is talented people working together, devising ideas that help businesses to help people. In exchange, we let our people own their careers. Their ideas, big and small, genuinely improve the world. And that’s the kind of work we want to be part of.
We have recently been confirmed as the global manufacturing partner for Moderna’s vaccine against the novel coronavirus, providing a tenfold manufacturing capacity increase. As other businesses face increasing economic uncertainty, we are fortunate to have opportunities for expansion. Through this new collaboration, our work will have a significant, direct and long-term impact on the management of this global pandemic. Become part of this exciting opportunity and join our team by applying for the position as Operational Excellence Manager. You will support the various functions within Ibex™ Solutions in all operational excellence topics and translate the strategy into practice and action. You will lead and coordinate innovation projects using lean six sigma tools as well as train and coach employees to deliver effective solutions and continuous process improvements achieve this.
- Coach and support the organization in innovation projects and train white-, yellow-, and green-belts
- Drive implementation of Lonza PharmaBiotech & Nutrition operational excellence roadmap, assessing progress and defining actions
- Work with functional leaders to establish continuous improvement goals
- Review, report & improve metrics at appropriate levels of the business
- Align and prioritize innovation initiatives, and projects, ensuring synergies of local improvements with wider transformational objectives
- Master degree (preferred) or PhD in a Science / Engineering related field such as Pharmaceutical Technology, Chemistry, Process Engineering or equivalent
- Significant manufacturing experience, ideally in a Biopharmaceutical environment
- Lean Practitioner and certified Green Belt, ideally Black Belt Certification
- Strong Project Management skills combined with a structured and solution-oriented work approach
- Excellent communication skills and interaction with all kinds of internal and external interfaces
- Fluency in English and German
Every day, Lonza’s products and services have a positive impact on millions of people. For us, this is not only a great privilege, but also a great responsibility. How we achieve our business results is just as important as the achievements themselves. At Lonza, we respect and protect our people and our environment. Any success we achieve is no success at all if not achieved ethically.
People come to Lonza for the challenge and creativity of solving complex problems and developing new ideas in life sciences. In return, we offer the satisfaction that comes with improving lives all around the world. The satisfaction that comes with making a meaningful difference.