Technical Sales Senior Manager DFDS
Today Lonza is a global leader in life sciences. We are more than 15,000 employees in more than 100 locations around the world. While we work in science, there’s no magic formula to how we do it. Our greatest scientific solution is talented people working together, devising ideas that help businesses to help people. In exchange, we let our people own their careers. Their ideas, big and small, genuinely improve the world. And that’s the kind of work we want to be part of.
We are currently looking for an experienced Senior Technical Sales Manager DFDS this role can be based from Ploermel in Northern France or Livingston in Scotland.
This role will provide technical/operational expertise during the sales process (technical sales, selling technical and operational capabilities.
Whilst performing technical project evaluations in the area of lipid based formulations and encapsulation technologies based on customer RFPs and informal requests
- Close collaboration with subject matter experts from R&D, Manufacturing, Proposal Managers (cross site proposals) and other appropriate (support) services/functions. This includes e.g customer calls, taking the lead in scoping bodies of work converting/preparing the data in the appropriate format and finalize proposal documentation that correctly address the customer needs.
- Work closely with Commercial Development (CommDev) Director Lipid Based Technologies to propose minimum margins, potential business models & terms for proposals, to develop strategies to secure projects
- Support Commercial Development Director LBT in fine-tuning the internal processes
- Lead and support the Pipeline reviews for new opportunities and priority setting meetings with CommDev and others to set priorities for the subsequent proposal work. This includes initial support of BD/KAM and CommDev on pre-evaluations or informal requests with first qualitative statements of technology and facility fit, project complexity, potential risk and estimated timelines (facilitate discussions/clarifications with customer, support bid/no-bid decision, site recommendation)
- Assist to develop, maintain and enhance evaluation tools for assigned sites and services in order to drive continuous improvement in the evaluation process and assure consistency.
What we need you to have:
- Degree (or equivalent) in a science or (related engineering) discipline
- Hands on experience within Pharmaceutical Development including strong expertise in Lipid based formulations, physical chemistry, drug product manufacturing technology or equivalent.
- Fluency in English mandatory, fluency in French and advantage.
- Familiar with Lonza’s DFDS activities and assets in general and Ploermel and Edinburgh in particular.
- Solid understanding of the pharmaceutical market and the CDMO landscape
Every day, Lonza’s products and services have a positive impact on millions of people. For us, this is not only a great privilege, but also a great responsibility. How we achieve our business results is just as important as the achievements themselves. At Lonza, we respect and protect our people and our environment. Any success we achieve is no success at all if not achieved ethically.
People come to Lonza for the challenge and creativity of solving complex problems and developing new ideas in life sciences. In return, we offer the satisfaction that comes with improving lives all around the world. The satisfaction that comes with making a meaningful difference.