HR Services Advisor
United Kingdom, Manchester
Today Lonza is a global leader in life sciences. We are more than 15,000 employees in more than 100 locations around the world. While we work in science, there’s no magic formula to how we do it. Our greatest scientific solution is talented people working together, devising ideas that help businesses to help people. In exchange, we let our people own their careers. Their ideas, big and small, genuinely improve the world. And that’s the kind of work we want to be part of.
The HR Services Advisor is the first point of contact for assigned client groups. The HR Service Advisor acts with considerable independence, discretion, judgment and initiative in providing timely and accurate information and advice on policies, procedures, administrative and operational issues and collective agreements.
Under the general guidance of the HR Services Advisory Lead EMEA, the HR Service Advisor is accountable for the following:
- You will act as the point of contact for any service related questions for hiring managers, employees and other HR team members and taking care of HR request until closure (end to end incl. tracking and tracing). Create high end user experience.
- You will provide best in class customer service, aiming to quickly resolve queries and issues, always striving to go the extra mile. Be knowledgeable of the business operation and the structure of the business, including key contacts. Provide ad-hoc support and advice in the delivery of HR calendar events (e.g. IDP, MAP, STIP salary review).
- You will use multiple HR and Payroll systems to support the resolution of customer queries.
- You will share customer feedback (process related) with Service Specialist; suggest new HR technology solutions to improve day-to-day operations.
- You will monitor quality of Transactional work produced by the Hubs, along with key HR Services metrics.
- You will initiate changes in Workday as defined by process.
- You will provide proactive advisory on “how to” for HRBP’s and line managers.
- You will contribute in local projects with impact on Human Resources.
- You will demonstrate awareness of the roles of the other HR roles and teams within Lonza.
- You will maintain a working knowledge of HR policies and procedures.
- You will promote the use of the case tool within Human Resources, acting as the subject matter expert for other HR teams on the case tool.
- You will work within SLAs, always focusing on the excellent customer journey.
- You will be able to provide guidance on a broad range of key HR processes
- Assists with ad-hoc projects as necessary and perform any other job duties
- Strong experience of working in a HR capacity
- Broad knowledge of and ability to work with payroll
- Extended HR system knowledge
- Experience and knowledge of employment law knowledge would be beneficial
- Customer facing/shared service centre experience would be beneficial
- Problem solving mindset
- Strong listening skills
- Strong business awareness
- Strong communication skills, both written and verbal
- Continuous improvement mindset
- Excellent interpersonal and customer-facing skills
- The successful candidate will share their time focusing on UK and France HR
- French or Dutch language skills would be very beneficial
People come to Lonza for the challenge and creativity of solving complex problems and developing new ideas in life sciences. In return, we offer the satisfaction that comes with improving lives all around the world. The satisfaction that comes with making a meaningful difference.