Quality Assurance/Quality Control Technician
Today Lonza is a global leader in life sciences. We are more than 15,000 employees in more than 100 locations around the world. While we work in science, there’s no magic formula to how we do it. Our greatest scientific solution is talented people working together, devising ideas that help businesses to help people. In exchange, we let our people own their careers. Their ideas, big and small, genuinely improve the world. And that’s the kind of work we want to be part of.
Lonza Kingston is actively seeking a Quality Assurance (QA)/Quality Control (QC) Technician to join the Quality Assurance function. This individual will have responsibility for daily quality control activities to support product release and will aid in the maintenance and improvement of the Quality System within an ISO 13485 and 9001 environment.
- Sampling, inspection and measurement of incoming raw materials according to established material and component specifications
- Sampling, inspection and measurement of in‐process and finished devices according to applicable quality control specifications and procedures
- Ensure manufacturing compliance with detailed operating procedures
- Formal reporting of inspection and measurement results
- Initiate nonconforming material/product reports (NC), as required. Investigate nonconformities and determine corrective and preventive actions (CAPA)
- Participate in Quality Management System (QMS) audit programs to evaluate compliance to relevant standards, directives, regulations and policies
- Participate in the maintenance of design history files and device master records
- Maintain records as dictated by the Quality System
- Draft and implement validation protocols and reports
- Update and maintain Quality System to ensure compliance with relevant standards and requirements
- Ensure calibrations and preventative maintenance for all manufacturing equipment is up-to-date
- Bachelor of Science or Biotech degree/diploma
- Working experience with a recognized Quality Management System
- Strong computer skills and proficiency in written and verbal communication
- Experience with database systems and MS Office applications
- Thorough knowledge of Good Manufacturing Practice (GMP)/Good Laboratory Practice (GLP)
- Ability to problem solve and troubleshoot
- Will be working on the shop floor as well as in the office
- Computer skills, MS Office
- Company Quality System Training
Every day, Lonza’s products and services have a positive impact on millions of people. For us, this is not only a great privilege, but also a great responsibility. How we achieve our business results is just as important as the achievements themselves. At Lonza, we respect and protect our people and our environment. Any success we achieve is no success at all if not achieved ethically.
People come to Lonza for the challenge and creativity of solving complex problems and developing new ideas in life sciences. In return, we offer the satisfaction that comes with improving lives all around the world. The satisfaction that comes with making a meaningful difference.
Lonza is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, status as a qualified individual with disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.