Research Associate, BioAssay Services
United States, Houston (Texas)
Research Associate, BioAssay Services
Today Lonza is a global leader in life sciences. We are more than 15,000 employees in more than 100 locations around the world. While we work in science, there’s no magic formula to how we do it. Our greatest scientific solution is talented people working together, devising ideas that help businesses to help people. In exchange, we let our people own their careers. Their ideas, big and small, genuinely improve the world. And that’s the kind of work we want to be part of.
Research Associate, BioAssay Services, performs analytical support, assay development and optimization, and assay qualification. This position is also responsible for writing Method Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs) and Forms. Responsible for writing protocols and reports for Assay Qualification and Assay Validation. Oversees training of Quality Control (QC) Analysts on new assays and transferring these assays to QC. Interacts with clients in meetings specifically about Assay Tech Transfer, Qualification and Validation
- Performs assays in support of Process Development (PD) process work.
- Responsible for performing Assay Development and Optimization and evaluating methods received from client for equipment and materials gaps prior to starting transfer activities.
- Writes Test Method SOPs and Test Record Forms. Reports test results, maintains raw data, and accurate laboratory records in accordance with applicable SOPs.
- Participates in the writing of Assay Qualification Protocols and Reports according to Lonza standards and SOPs.
- Interacts with clients in Joint Project Team meetings regarding method development, optimization and technical challenges.
- Trains QC Analysts on new methods during Assay Tech Transfer activities. Also interacts with QC on equipment platform alignment and assay qualification strategies.
- Serve as Subject Matter Expert (SME) on specific assays. May serve in consultation role on difficult Laboratory Investigations in QC as needed.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s Degree or Master’s Degree in Biological Sciences with entry level years of experience.
- Technical background should include (but not limited to) several of the following analytical techniques: Absorbance assays, High Performance Liquid Chromatography (HPLC), Enzyme-Linked Immunosorbent Assay (ELISA), Polymerase chain reaction (qPCR and ddPCR), cell-based potency assays, TCID50 assays, viral infectious titer assays.
- Excellent scientific writing skills.
- Seeks to build upon a solid understanding of cGMP principles and assay qualification principles.
- Solid knowledge of analytical method validation principles and applications.
- Understanding of basic laboratory equipment and aseptic technique.
Every day, Lonza’s products and services have a positive impact on millions of people. For us, this is not only a great privilege, but also a great responsibility. How we achieve our business results is just as important as the achievements themselves. At Lonza, we respect and protect our people and our environment. Any success we achieve is no success at all if not achieved ethically.
People come to Lonza for the challenge and creativity of solving complex problems and developing new ideas in life sciences. In return, we offer the satisfaction that comes with improving lives all around the world. The satisfaction that comes with making a meaningful difference.
Lonza is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, status as a qualified individual with disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.