Praktikum im Bereich Legal
Internship - Legal department (50% Pensum)
Today Lonza is a global leader in life sciences. We are more than 15,000 employees in more than 100 locations around the world. While we work in science, there’s no magic formula to how we do it. Our greatest scientific solution is talented people working together, devising ideas that help businesses to help people. In exchange, we let our people own their careers. Their ideas, big and small, genuinely improve the world. And that’s the kind of work we want to be part of.
To be a trainee in our Basel legal team, reporting to the Associate General Counsel, Corporate. We are looking for a qualified law student with interest in corporate matters, contracting and data privacy, preferably in life sciences, pharma, or manufacturing. We offer an excellent work environment where you can develop your skills and knowledge, the opportunity to work in a team of highly collaborative experts in a fun and dynamic atmosphere, a competitive salary and benefits. At Lonza we invest in great people. We encourage our employees to challenge themselves, and we offer an environment that fosters creativity and success. With headquarters in Basel, Switzerland, we operate production, R&D and business sites around the world, including Europe, North America and Asia.
- Support with respect to all legal aspects of M&A transactions and strategic projects.
- Act as a business legal partner with internal clients of the company.
- Advise on global corporate matters.
- Advise, draft, negotiate, review, revise, and analyze contracts relating to procurement of products and services by the company.
- Researches and answers inquiries regarding contract rights and obligations, privacy rights, legal clearances, and other legal matters.
- Perform other related duties as assigned by General Counsel, Corporate and Associate General Counsel, Corporate.
- A proactive member of the team who is keen to learn and work in a fast paced environment.
- Team player who is comfortable working with all levels of management.
You are someone who is a team player, with a can-do mentality, proactive, self-starter, challenges status quo, able to work seamlessly and with agility across businesses and functions. You are someone who likes working in a multicultural environment with people on different education levels. You’re looking for a company where you have the opportunity to pursue your aspirations, where a job title is not considered the final definition of who you are, but the starting point. Furthermore you have the following skills, experience and qualifications:
- Legal studies.
- Experience in corporate and contract law matters.
- An understanding of wider EU, CH and other applicable regional and domestic competition legislation.
- At ease in drafting legal documents in English and in German or French.
People come to Lonza for the challenge and creativity of solving complex problems and developing new ideas in life sciences. In return, we offer the satisfaction that comes with improving lives all around the world. The satisfaction that comes with making a meaningful difference.