Senior Scientist - Bioassay
United Kingdom, Slough
Today Lonza is a global leader in life sciences. We are more than 15,000 employees in more than 100 locations around the world. While we work in science, there’s no magic formula to how we do it. Our greatest scientific solution is talented people working together, devising ideas that help businesses to help people. In exchange, we let our people own their careers. Their ideas, big and small, genuinely improve the world. And that’s the kind of work we want to be part of.
Here at Lonza, we have an exciting opportunity for a Senior Scientist to join one of our fast moving, dynamic, world leading scientific teams...
The successful applicant for this position will be joining the Biopotency and Immunoassay team within Analytical Services at Lonza on site in Slough.
- To perform a range of analytical methods with a high level of complexity
- To lead multiple projects simultaneously and ensure work planned and scheduled appropriately
- To collate, analyse and interpret data
- Prepare/review reagent extensions and lead assay reagent crossovers, as required
- To communicate progress and escalate challenges to Line Manager and/or project teams as appropriate
- To lead trouble shooting/out of specification investigations as required
- Understand & comply with company, regulatory and statutory requirements
- Raise and complete regulatory records as required and prepare GMP (Good Manufacturing Practice) documentation
- Leads specific improvement projects and investigations
- BSc in a relevant scientific discipline.
- Demonstrated experience in a range of analytical methods (Biacore)
- Knowledge and experience of ELISA, Cell Culture and Potency Assays
- Experience of working in a contract research environment
- Demonstrated knowledge of regulatory and GMP processes
- Good time management, organization and planning skills
- Effective communicator
Every day, Lonza’s products and services have a positive impact on millions of people. For us, this is not only a great privilege, but also a great responsibility. How we achieve our business results is just as important as the achievements themselves. At Lonza, we respect and protect our people and our environment. Any success we achieve is no success at all if not achieved ethically.
People come to Lonza for the challenge and creativity of solving complex problems and developing new ideas in life sciences. In return, we offer the satisfaction that comes with improving lives all around the world. The satisfaction that comes with making a meaningful difference.