At Lonza Specialty Ingredients (LSI), we combine technological innovation with world-class manufacturing and regulatory excellence. We are a leader in Microbial Control Solutions and chemical technologies used in various applications including hygiene and home care. Today, these solutions are more critical than ever to maintain the hygiene and safety of hospitals, homes, schools, and offices across the world. Our Speciality Chemical Services business provides composite materials for technically demanding industries and performance intermediates & chemicals. Our custom development and manufacturing team has already brought more than 1,000 unique solutions to life for their customers.
We are a highly dynamic group of 3,000 employees in more than 25 countries around the world. For us, performance, collaboration, passion and care are fundamentals. Are YOU someone who CARES about finding unique solutions for customers, who is PASSIONATE about making a difference? We are looking for talent who embrace COLLABORATION and are motivated by a PERFORMANCE culture.
LSI is looking for a Service Engineer supporting our Wood Protection business. The role of Service Engineer is to repair and service customers’ treatment plants and associated equipment at their premises whilst maintaining good customer relationships and ensuring proper and safe use of chemicals by operating personnel.
The role will involve extensive travel around the Midlands and South London regions, with staying away in hotels a regular and key requirement in order to meet our customer needs. There will also be travel to Ireland throughout the year and Scandinavia on occasion.
- Complete operator training and small project installation work, product commissioning as required
- Responsible for Company vehicle, tools, spares and customers’ treatment plants
- Carry out routine maintenance of timber treatment plants and associated equipment at customers’ premises, including completion of condition / service reports Breakdown repair and fault diagnosis at customers’ premises, including completion of condition / service reports
- Commissioning and installation of new plants and upgrades to existing plants
- Practical operator training to ensure safe operation of timber treatment plants and responsible use of chemicals
- A Level standard; HNC / OND, City & Guilds National, NVQ Level 3 – preferably in the area of Mechanical and Electrical Engineering
- Time-served apprenticeship or equivalent experience
- Knowledge and experience of welding with one or more of these welding methods would be advantageous; SMAW / GMAW / GTAW / FCAW
- Fabrication experience would be advantageous
- Preferably also experienced with Pipe-fitting; screwed / pressed / welded, mild steel / stainless steel
- Good mechanical knowledge of pneumatic and electrical controls
- PLC and computer knowledge would be an advantage
- Good communication skills at all levels (could be speaking to anyone at customer’s site from Managing Director to operator)
- Tenacious and analytical fault-finding skills essential
- Flexibility in both skill disciplines and attitude to work and time management
- Required to look and act presentable with a high degree of good workmanship
- High awareness of and adherence to health and safety standards at all times
- To work to the highest safety standards and ensure all work is completed safety in mind
- Compliance with all relevant site and customer EHS standards and a good knowledge and understanding of all relevant standards associated with the role. E.g. HSAWA, PUWER, LOLER, Pressure systems, Electrical systems
A major part of the heritage of LSI is being able to deliver unique solutions to our customers. Being the driving force behind this approach – listening, asking, understanding to match the right elements in a new way has been an inherent part of our day-to-day business. Always with the goal to enable a competitive advantage for each customer with a specific product, package or solution. What makes YOU different?
Lonza is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, colour, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, status as a qualified individual with disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.