United Kingdom, Castelford
Today Lonza is a global leader in life sciences. We are more than 15,000 employees in more than 100 locations around the world. While we work in science, there’s no magic formula to how we do it. Our greatest scientific solution is talented people working together, devising ideas that help businesses to help people. In exchange, we let our people own their careers. Their ideas, big and small, genuinely improve the world. And that’s the kind of work we want to be part of.
The role of Service Engineer within Lonza Specialty Ingredients (LSI) is to repair and service customers’ treatment plants and associated equipment at their premises whist maintaining good customer relationships and ensuring proper and safe use of chemicals by operating personnel.
The role will involve extensive travel around the Midlands and South London regions, with staying away in hotels a regular and key requirement in order to meet our customer needs. There will also be travel to Ireland throughout the year and Scandinavia on occasion.
- Complete operator training and small project installation work, product commissioning as required.
- Responsible for Company vehicle, tools, spares and customers’ treatment plants.
- Carry out routine maintenance of timber treatment plants and associated equipment at customers’ premises, including completion of condition / service reports Breakdown repair and fault diagnosis at customers’ premises mises, including completion of condition/service reports.
- Commissioning and installation of new plants and upgrades to existing plants.
- Practical operator training to ensure safe operation of timber treatment plants and responsible use of chemicals.
- A Level standard. HNC/OND, City & Guilds National, NVQ Level 3 - preferred area of study: Mechanical and Electrical Engineering
- Time-served apprenticeship or equivalent experience
- Good mechanical knowledge of pneumatic and electrical controls. PLC and computer knowledge would be an advantage.
- Good communication skills at all levels (could be speaking to anyone at customer’s site from Managing Director to operator).
- Tenacious and analytical fault-finding skills essential
- Flexibility in both skill disciplines and attitude to work and time management.
- Required to look and act presentable with a high degree of good workmanship.
- High awareness of and adherence to health and safety standards at all times.
- To work to the highest safety standards and ensure all work is completed safety in mind. Compliance with all relevant site and customer EHS standards and a good knowledge and understanding of all relevant standards associated with the role. E.g. HSAWA, PUWER, LOLER, Pressure systems, Electrical systems
Every day, Lonza’s products and services have a positive impact on millions of people. For us, this is not only a great privilege, but also a great responsibility. How we achieve our business results is just as important as the achievements themselves. At Lonza, we respect and protect our people and our environment. Any success we achieve is no success at all if not achieved ethically.
People come to Lonza for the challenge and creativity of solving complex problems and developing new ideas in life sciences. In return, we offer the satisfaction that comes with improving lives all around the world. The satisfaction that comes with making a meaningful difference.