Accounts Payable Analyst
Costa Rica, San Jose
Today Lonza is a global leader in life sciences. We are more than 15,000 employees in more than 100 locations around the world. While we work in science, there’s no magic formula to how we do it. Our greatest scientific solution is talented people working together, devising ideas that help businesses to help people. In exchange, we let our people own their careers. Their ideas, big and small, genuinely improve the world. And that’s the kind of work we want to be part of.
The Accounts Payable Associate is a position reporting directly to the Accounts Payable Supervisor. The position is responsible for processing various types of accounts payable transactions including data entry of vendor invoices, employee expense reports and manual check request vouchers. The position is also responsible for responding to vendor inquiries, the preparation of monthly general ledger account closing activities.
- Responsible to perform all the related tasks associated with invoice process that may include but are not limited to process invoices, follow-up with purchasing organization, troubleshoot with vendors or internal customers with quality in a timely accurate process. Review and learn about the possible exceptions depending on the specific process.
- Analyze and follow up the outstanding items in order to avoid overdue items, communicating in accurate manner the issues that could affect any payment process. Investigate and initiate queries with the vendors in a timely manner if needed. Communicate the escalations to the AP Senior and Supervisor. Manage data integrity and preparation of financial information related to Intercompany to ensure completeness, accuracy, timeliness and accessibility.
- Maintain files and documentation thoroughly and accurately, in accordance with company policy and accepted accounting practices.
- Develop effective working relationships with both internal departments and vendors and understand the urgency and impact to both vendors and the corporation.
- Interact with auditors, accountants and management as needed to provide information about the department and specific AP request.
- Technical degree education or equivalent in accounting, Business Administration or related field.
- Fluent English level, must be B2 or higher.
- 2 or more years of experience in an Accounts Payable department.
- Ideally knowledge of ERP systems (SAP).
- Demonstrate experience month end closing processes and general knowledge of accounting principles.
- Microsoft Skills (Proficient Word, Power point and Advanced Excel is a plus)
- Good attention to detail and quality on data entry.
- Team oriented person who can focus on the details.
- Challenge status quo to improve processes.
- Co-create solutions that address customer’s market experience.
- Overcome challenges while maintaining quality standards.
- Adaptable and solid team player.
- Analytical Skills.
Every day, Lonza´s products and services have a positive impact on millions of people. For us, this is not only a great privilege, but also a great responsibility. How we achieve our business results is just as important as the achievements themselves. At Lonza, we respect and protect our people and our environment. Any success we achieve Is no success at all if not achieved ethically.
People come to Lonza for the challenge and creativity of solving complex problems and developing new ideas in life sciences. In return, we offer the satisfaction that comes with improving lives all around the world. The satisfaction that comes with making a meaningful difference.
Lonza is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, status as a qualified individual with disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.