Technical Sales Manager - Proposals
United Kingdom, Slough
Technical Sales Manager - Proposals
Today Lonza is a global leader in life sciences. We are more than 15,000 employees in more than 100 locations around the world. While we work in science, there’s no magic formula to how we do it. Our greatest scientific solution is talented people working together, devising ideas that help businesses to help people. In exchange, we let our people own their careers. Their ideas, big and small, genuinely improve the world. And that’s the kind of work we want to be part of.
We are looking for a Technical Sales Manager - Proposals to join our Lonza team. This is a permanent role based out of Slough or Visp. As a Technical Sales Manager you will act as a consultant to help Customers select the best possible services from the Lonza global network to support the progression of their biological product. Develop and implement project strategies and programs of work to assist the Customer in achieving their timelines and key milestones eg Tox material supply, IND (investigational new drug), technology transfer, scale up and BLA (Biologic license application) etc. You will be responsible for coordinating and working with multiple internal technical, operational and commercial groups to find business winning solutions across multiple technologies and Lonza sites. Partner with key stakeholders to facilitate and lead customer meetings to provide technical expertise and coordinate panels of experts. The successful applicant will currently have a career within biologics, protein production/ manufacturing, scientist, sales, business development, project management or bid management.
- Consult with the Customer to identify needs and advise on potential solutions
- Develop strategies and find creative ways to meet Customer milestones
- Co-ordinate teams of subject matter experts to build tailored programs of work with the Customer
- Describe and explain studies and activities and tailor scope to achieve project goals
- Lead/attend Customer meetings to win business and showcase the Lonza capabilities and facilities
- Handover signed projects to Project Management group for execution
- Assist Commercial Development and Sales to define value proposition, price and T&Cs
- Assist planning and scheduling by providing information on demand
- Assist in the implementation and development of new and more efficient ways of working
- To support Sales and PM in securing new business.
- Responsible for the translation of customer needs into project scope, timelines, costs (including CAPEX), quotations and pricing by coordinating and working with multiple technical, operational and commercial groups.
- Partner with commercial development and sales to provide technical expertise in customer discussions on new business.
- Act as a consultant to help customers select the best possible services for their needs.
- Generate technical project strategies to assist the customer in achieving their CMC timelines through pre-clinical and commercialization.
- Degree in life sciences or related discipline
- Industry experience in a Pharmaceutical company in clinical product development and/or commercialization of biopharmaceuticals
- Customer facing experience
- Sound technical background with ability and enthusiasm to understand other technical disciplines
- Proficient in both written and spoken English Language
- Demonstrated ability to manage multiple, scientific projects and make sound scientific and regulatory interpretations and judgments.
People come to Lonza for the challenge and creativity of solving complex problems and developing new ideas in life sciences. In return, we offer the satisfaction that comes with improving lives all around the world. The satisfaction that comes with making a meaningful difference.