Maintenance Technician (ME19)
Today Lonza is a global leader in life sciences. We are more than 15,000 employees in more than 100 locations around the world. While we work in science, there’s no magic formula to how we do it. Our greatest scientific solution is talented people working together, devising ideas that help businesses to help people. In exchange, we let our people own their careers. Their ideas, big and small, genuinely improve the world. And that’s the kind of work we want to be part of.
We are looking for an experienced Maintenance Technician to join our Engineering team based at our manufacturing facility in Slough, UK. This is a permanent shift position attracting a 25% shift uplift.
Shift pattern 4 on (2 days 7-7 then 2 nights 7-7), 4 off.
- Contribute to the achievement of world-class engineering quality through quality system compliance and adherence.
- Know and comply with all workplace quality regulations.
- Escalate any issues that might compromise product safety and product quality.
- Ensure all planned maintenance tasks are performed to the required standard.
- Work to and lead by example Lonza Good Manufacturing Practice (GMP) at all times.
- Responsible for maintaining the department working environment (Workshop, stores and production areas) to defined GMP standards at all times.
- Ensure adherence to maintenance records and correct completion of SAP PM and GMP SOP/Processes .
- Timely review of completed work orders to ensure compliance to Lonza procedures.
- Complete weekly review of area log books (cleaning, checks etc) as per Lonza procedures
- Maximise the asset performance as defined by overall equipment effectiveness (OEE) with specific focus on availability and performance improvements.
- Deliver the agreed maintenance plan within the planned resource and time frames.
- Lead continuous improvement within the shift by challenging existing practices, using OE methodologies and effectively managing change.
- Organising immediate actions to fix problems.
- Effective execution of the daily tiered accountability process.
- Communicating performance issues on previous shift & main critical points.
- Managing and prioritising effective (on time and to standard) PM and improvement activities.
- Provide a comprehensive handover between shifts and engineering supervisor(s)
- Participate in a shift Rota
- Industry Related Qualifications, or relevant trade experience
- Experience of working in a highly regulated industry
- Utilities experience is desirable
- Knowledge of managing complex plant and engineering resources within a manufacturing environment.
- Ability to communicate, network, engage and influence people across the site.
- Strong written and oral communication skills, including report writing and formal presentation skills.
- Ability to demonstrate a high level of credibility, integrity and resilience.
- Strong analytical skills underpinned by innovative thinking.
- Ability to balance multiple priorities successfully.
People come to Lonza for the challenge and creativity of solving complex problems and developing new ideas in life sciences. In return, we offer the satisfaction that comes with improving lives all around the world. The satisfaction that comes with making a meaningful difference.