United States, Bend (Oregon)
Today Lonza is a global leader in life sciences. We are more than 15,000 employees in more than 100 locations around the world. While we work in science, there’s no magic formula to how we do it. Our greatest scientific solution is talented people working together, devising ideas that help businesses to help people. In exchange, we let our people own their careers. Their ideas, big and small, genuinely improve the world. And that’s the kind of work we want to be part of.
Lonza Pharma and Biotech has an opening for a Principal Investigator in their Bend, OR location.
The Principal Investigator is accountable for the formulation and process design, development and manufacturing of different drug delivery platforms for our clients.
As a Principal Investigator, you will apply your knowledge of chemistry, material science, and engineering to solve drug delivery, formulation, process, and manufacturing challenges to progress client programs focused on early, late stage clinical and commercial development. Oversees multiple cross functional product development teams for specific client programs to execute work plans against specific hypothesis and problem statements. Reviews, interprets, and reacts to data to make tactical and strategic decisions in order to maintain or change product development plans specific for the client portfolio.
- Accountable for technical success of client programs by working with the client and the internal Subject Matter Experts (SMEs) to define the program problem statements and technical program strategy
- Work with client to define and maintain appropriate Target Product Profile (TPP) to guide technical development strategy
- Primary client technical counterpart related to formulation, process, and analytical methods
- Present technical results and recommendations to the client. Serve as the primary technical point of contact for the client programs (internally and externally).
- Define Intellectual Properties (IP) strategy for each program (by working with legal IP) that maximizes value for the client and Lonza by recognizing and pursuing new IP, utilizing existing IP, and / or establishing Freedom to Operate (FTO)
- Lead, motivate, and mentor multi-disciplinary project team of internal SMEs, scientists, and engineers to meet technical milestones on appropriate timelines and provide technical feedback and recommendations at the project level
- Collaborate effectively between different technical lines and support cross line collaboration
- Identify and propose new technical opportunities while working on client programs
- Bachelor’s degree in chemistry, engineering, pharmaceutical sciences or a related field are required.
- Advanced knowledge of common analytical techniques including different physical and chemical measurements around oral and inhalation drug products.
- Substantial understanding and execution of Chemistry, Manufacturing, and Controls (CMC) to advance oral and inhalation drug products through various stages of clinical development is required
- Experience with spray drying, process engineering, other particle engineering techniques, and oral and inhalation drug products.
People come to Lonza for the challenge and creativity of solving complex problems and developing new ideas in life sciences. In return, we offer the satisfaction that comes with improving lives all around the world. The satisfaction that comes with making a meaningful difference.
Lonza is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, status as a qualified individual with disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.