United States, Bend (Oregon)
Lonza Pharma & Biotech has an opening for an Analytical Chemist at their Bend, OR location.
The Analytical Chemist uses an understanding of chemistry and GMP to conduct analysis of raw materials, in-process items and finished product in a cGMP lab in order to support dosage form development, clinical and commercial manufacturing. Position is an entry to intermediate level chemist and does documentation work as well as project support work cross-functionally.
Job responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Testing for release of raw materials and/or finished product intermediates and/or finished products
- Perform basic and intermediate laboratory operations
- Operate analytical instrumentation
- Notebook documentation and review
- Write and review Bend Test Protocol's and SOPs under supervision
- Perform basic training for new chemists
- Sampling of raw materials and/or finished product intermediates and/or finished products
- Sampling and testing of cleaning samples
- Support SME on special projects
- Bachelor’s degree in Chemistry or a scientific related field
- Relevant laboratory experience in a related field is preferred
- GMP Experience is preferred
- Proficient on HPLC, GC, Karl Fisher, dissolution, and other related lab technologies is preferred
- Must be able to work 4/10's. Sun-Wed or Wed-Sat. and occasional weekends/hours if needed
People come to Lonza for the challenge and creativity of solving complex problems and developing new ideas in life sciences. In return, we offer the satisfaction that comes with improving lives all around the world. The satisfaction that comes with making a meaningful difference.
Lonza is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, status as a qualified individual with disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.