Today Lonza is a global leader in life sciences. We are more than 15,000 employees in more than 100 locations around the world. While we work in science, there’s no magic formula to how we do it. Our greatest scientific solution is talented people working together, devising ideas that help businesses to help people. In exchange, we let our people own their careers. Their ideas, big and small, genuinely improve the world. And that’s the kind of work we want to be part of.
Here at Lonza Porrino, we are looking for an experienced Project Engineer to join our growing and successful team. The PE leads the planning, execution and closure of engineering capital projects (CAPEX) ensuring that the required budget, functionality, specifications and existing quality standards are met.
- Planning and execution of plant projects involving complex interactions with other projects, priorities, equipment changes and significant process improvements including lump sum and CAR capital projects.
- Lead multidisciplinary teams with the common goal of meeting the objectives of each project.
- Forecast the needs of resources (human, economic) for the fulfillment of the projects, and supervision and control during its execution.
- Completion and / or supervision of the design and construction, ensuring that the required functionality, specifications and existing quality standards are met.
- Realization of technical specifications, scopes and other project documents, and updating of technical documentation.
- Ultimate responsibility for the execution of the projects in their entirety, from design to delivery to the customer.
- Ability to analyse large and complex data sets.
- Effective influencing and persuading abilities.
- Understands business impact of decisions.
- Recognized as an expert in project management and regulations such as ASME-BPE.
Every day, Lonza’s products and services have a positive impact on millions of people. For us, this is not only a great privilege, but also a great responsibility. How we achieve our business results is just as important as the achievements themselves. At Lonza, we respect and protect our people and our environment. Any success we achieve is no success at all if not achieved ethically.
People come to Lonza for the challenge and creativity of solving complex problems and developing new ideas in life sciences. In return, we offer the satisfaction that comes with improving lives all around the world. The satisfaction that comes with making a meaningful difference.