Manufacturing Science and Technology Upstream Process Scientist
United States, Portsmouth (New Hampshire)
Today Lonza is a global leader in life sciences. We are more than 15,000 employees in more than 100 locations around the world. While we work in science, there’s no magic formula to how we do it. Our greatest scientific solution is talented people working together, devising ideas that help businesses to help people. In exchange, we let our people own their careers. Their ideas, big and small, genuinely improve the world. And that’s the kind of work we want to be part of.
Lonza in Portsmouth, NH is looking for an experienced Upstream Process Scientist to join our MSAT team. As our Process Scientist, your primary responsibility is to be a Subject Matter Expert (SME) for upstream manufacturing processes and technical transfer activities. This person should have experience supporting at-scale upstream processing. This position is a great opportunity for someone with some industry experience to enter a Manufacturing Science and Technology (MSAT) role focusing on the Upstream / Cell Culture portion of a manufacturing process.
- Leads, under close supervision, all aspects of upstream cell culture technical transfer pertaining to MSAT for assigned projects including but not limited to: perform gap assessment between sending and receiving site, generation of bill of materials, drafting of process descriptions, leads cross functional decision making and technical decisions pertaining to scale up and tech transfer requirements, support for electronic batch record generation, definition of sampling plans, training of manufacturing operators etc.
- Represents Manufacturing Science and Technology (MSAT) on project teams as technical subject matter expert (SME) and interface with customer technical and quality representatives.
- Develops process understanding and expertise.
- Author/reviews/own Process related documentation (ex. process description and batch records).
- Author/reviews change controls (including managing the implementation of the change as the assigned change agent).
- Monitor and reports of process performance (manufacturing data analysis and delivery of data in the form of live presentations).
- Bachelor of Science degree in Biotechnology area.
- Working experience in biotech industry experience in process development, process scale up, tech transfer or manufacturing.
- Working experience with large scale (2 KL + experience a plus) manufacturing support (mammalian preferred), cGMP and US / EU regulations.
- Working experience of cell biology, protein structure, scale-up, and statistical data analysis.
- Exceptional experience working in a customer service oriented role with strong attention to detail and excellent time management skills.
- Strong communication skills that are accustomed to working in a fast paced environment.
- Ability to share 24/7 on-call support while process is being manufactured.
Every day, Lonza's products and services have a positive impact on millions of people. For us, this is not only a great privilege, but also a great responsibility. How we achieve our business results is just as important as the achievements themselves. At Lonza, we respect and protect our people and our environment. Any success we achieve is no success at all if not achieved ethically.
People come to Lonza for the challenge and creativity of solving complex problems and developing new ideas in life sciences. In return, we offer the satisfaction that comes with improving lives all around the world. The satisfaction that comes with making a meaningful difference.
Lonza is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, status as a qualified individual with disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.