United States, Kalama (Washington)
What makes YOU different?
Lonza Specialty Ingredients (LSI) combines technological innovation with world class manufacturing and process excellence. Together, these enable our customers to deliver their discoveries. Specialty Chemical Services provides solutions for composite materials and processing additives for technically demanding industries, such as electronics, transportation and aerospace. We also provide performance intermediates & chemicals for many industrial applications, such as agro intermediates, food & feed ingredients, cosmetics, non-current good manufacturing practices (non-cGMP) intermediates, and custom development & manufacturing.
There is an opportunity for a Chemical Operator in our Kalama, WA plant. We're looking for someone to operate and maintain equipment according to Standard Operating Procedures; safely control physical or chemical changes or reactions in the processing of wood treatment chemicals. Equipment used includes agitators, reactors, mixing tanks, pumps, and grinding mills.
- Monitor and review information from materials, events, or the environment, to detect or assess problems. Patrol work areas to detect leaks or equipment malfunctions or to monitor operating conditions. Monitor gauges, recording instruments, flowmeters, or products to ensure specified conditions are maintained.
- Use either control mechanisms or direct physical activity to operate machines or processes. Adjust controls to regulate temperature, pressure, feed, or flow of liquids or gases and times of prescribed reactions, according to knowledge of equipment and processes. Observe safety precautions and display leadership by taking responsibility for his/her safety and that of others.
- Analyze information and evaluate results to choose the best solution and solve problems. Use knowledge of working area to make accurate and timely decisions. Agile and supportive of a culture of process improvement and problem solving. Demonstrate an openness to trying new approaches.
- Observe, receive, and obtain information from all relevant sources. Record operational data, such as temperatures, pressures, ingredients used, processing times, or test results. Test product samples for specific gravity, chemical characteristics, pH levels, concentrations, or viscosities or send them to laboratories for testing.
- Inspect equipment, structures, or materials to identify the cause of errors or other problems or defects. Drive results by demonstrating persistence and motivation to overcome obstacles and challenges.
- Provide information to supervisors and coworkers by telephone, in written form, e-mail, or in person. Maintain customer focus and understands what internal and/or external customers need. Collaborate and generously share information and knowledge with others.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Preferred area of study: HS grad or GED required
- Prior experience in an Industrial Operations Environment or Naval Engineering
- Knowledge of raw materials, production processes, quality control, costs, and other techniques for maximizing the effective manufacture and distribution of goods
- Controlling operations of equipment or systems
A major part of the heritage of LSI is being able to deliver unique solutions to its customers. Being the driving force behind this approach – listening, asking, understanding to match the right elements in a new way has been an inherent part of our day-to-day business. Always with the goal to enable a competitive advantage for each customer with a specific product, package or solution. What makes YOU different?
Lonza is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, status as a qualified individual with disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.