Viral Vector Senior Core Technician - Night Shift
United States, Houston (Texas)
Today Lonza is a global leader in life sciences. We are more than 15,000 employees in more than 100 locations around the world. While we work in science, there’s no magic formula to how we do it. Our greatest scientific solution is talented people working together, devising ideas that help businesses to help people. In exchange, we let our people own their careers. Their ideas, big and small, genuinely improve the world. And that’s the kind of work we want to be part of.
Lonza Houston’s Cell and Gene Therapy Facility is the largest in the world and our facility is growing. We are looking for professionals to grow with us and we have this exciting opportunity the Viral Vector Therapy group https://www.lonza.com/viraltherapy The Core Tech SR will be responsible for carrying out production processes in a GMP facility, with tasks including operation of cell culture bioreactors, large scale purification by ion exchange chromatography, and aseptic filling. Other duties may include conduction of cGMP training for new and current employees, reviewing cGMP records, and change control.
- Participates in aseptic processing of clinical grade product, including cell culture, purification, formulation and filling activities according to approved production records and cGMPs
- Responsible for investigating and troubleshooting deviations and unexpected events
- Responsible for reviewing, writing, and executing production records
- Provides support in maintaining cleanroom environment below alert limits by following established cleaning practice
- Stocks cleanroom suites and support areas with released inventory
- Performs environmental monitoring as needed
- Monitors expiry of critical raw materials as needed
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- This role will include working Nights and Weekends.(12 Hour Shifts)
- Associates Degree or Bachelor’s Degree in Life Sciences preferred
- Advanced years of experience within a cGMP clinical production environment and a High School Diploma
- Advanced Knowledge of cGMP and clean room behavior preferred
- Aseptic technique and experience in cell culture and serological methods preferred
- Able to pass gowning qualification
- Lab experience required.
Every day, Lonza’s products and services have a positive impact on millions of people. For us, this is not only a great privilege, but also a great responsibility. How we achieve our business results is just as important as the achievements themselves. At Lonza, we respect and protect our people and our environment. Any success we achieve is no success at all if not achieved ethically.
People come to Lonza for the challenge and creativity of solving complex problems and developing new ideas in life sciences. In return, we offer the satisfaction that comes with improving lives all around the world. The satisfaction that comes with making a meaningful difference.
Lonza is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, status as a qualified individual with disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.