United States, Portsmouth (New Hampshire)
Today Lonza is a global leader in life sciences. We are more than 15,000 employees in more than 100 locations around the world. While we work in science, there’s no magic formula to how we do it. Our greatest scientific solution is talented people working together, devising ideas that help businesses to help people. In exchange, we let our people own their careers. Their ideas, big and small, genuinely improve the world. And that’s the kind of work we want to be part of.
The Project Engineer role supports ongoing operations at the Portsmouth, NH site through technical assistance as it relates to manufacturing and process systems. In this role, you will act as a technical resource to operations customers to ensure that equipment and facilities are designed and operating to meet production needs.
- Planning and execution of multiple plant projects, involving complex equipment
- Responsible and accountable for resolution of all major equipment chances and significant process improvements including lump sum capital projects
- Execute commissioning protocols (installation, operation, wet testing clean in place stylization in place)
- Own change requests and complete change request tasks to support proeject completion
- Secure capital funding and manage capital budget including cash flow forecasts, procurement and invoicing
- Manager project manpower including use of external contracts for both project engineering and project execution
- Manage resolution of major equipment breakdowns and quality issues in the suites
- Provide subject matter expert support to manufacturing and other departments of the design and operation of project equipment
- Conduct troubleshooting and technical analysis on manufacturing equipment and process including PI data analyses
- Assist the Quality department with deviation investigations
- Review/revise Engineering and Manufacturing related SOPs, work instructions and maintenance assessments as a result of CAPA equipment/process changes, error prevention activities etc.
- High School Diploma or Equivalent; BS in Engineering
- Significant pharmaceutical/biotechnology experience of experience in a GMP regulated environment.
- Experience with control systems (PLC, DCS, Loop controllers) desirable.
- Project management and coordination experience associated with the execution of capital projects in an industrial environment in required.
- Practical experience in the management and coordination of engineering and construction management consultants, equipment vendors and contractors is required.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite with focus on Outlook, Word, PowerPoint and Excel. Experience with OSI PI is preferred.
- Ability to handle multiple projects simultaneously, keeping track of costs and schedule and ensuring compliance with quality and safety standards.
Every day, Lonza’s products and services have a positive impact on millions of people. For us, this is not only a great privilege, but also a great responsibility. How we achieve our business results is just as important as the achievements themselves. At Lonza, we respect and protect our people and our environment. Any success we achieve is no success at all if it is not achieved ethically.
People come to Lonza for the challenge and creativity of solving complex problems and developing new ideas in life sciences. In return, we offer the satisfaction that comes with improving lives all around the world. The satisfaction that comes with making a meaningful difference.
Lonza is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, status as a qualified individual with disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.