Payroll & Benefits Coordinator
United Kingdom, Manchester
To strengthen our Lonza HR Service Centre team, we are looking for an exceptional Payroll & Benefits Coordinator, based in Manchester (UK) and reporting to the Team Leader –HR Services Centre UK.
Lonza’s HR Shared Services organization is evolving towards an effective and efficient Global Shared Services model focusing on high quality HR service delivery and payroll management. The Payroll and Benefit Administration Coordinator position will, as part of this global HR Shared Services organization, help coordinate accurate and timely payroll processing for all employees in the assigned country scope. This position is equally in charge of administering employees in local benefit programs. Payroll and benefit related questions will be either resolved, either be escalated to our global payroll provider and local benefit third party providers for timely and effective resolution.
Key Accountability and Duties
50% Delivers accurate and timely HR payroll/time management support for the UK:
- Ensure employees get paid right and on time;
- Collect and review time data, determine required deductions, prepare the payroll upload file, verify gross net calculation and get payroll signed-off by mandated colleagues;
- Manage one-time payments like STIP, LTIP, etc;
- Follow-up on money movements and bank transfers with involved departments.
20% Ensures compliance with country legislation and improves payroll/time processes:
- Monitor country legislation changes and ensure payroll process, system and procedures are up-to-date accordingly;
- Prepare, assist to payroll, tax, statutory and SOX compliance audits. Follow-up assigned improvement actions;
- Improve the payroll process and document related work instructions for assigned countries (e.g. harmonize, simplify, refresh job aids).
15% Answer questions from employees and managers related to payroll and benefit administration. Follow-up on cases escalated to global payroll provider and local benefit providers.
- Vendor manage third party providers to ensure timely and accurate responses on escalated cases.
15% Execute group insurance and pension enrollments/changes/terminations. Collaborate with third party providers in this area.
Who you are
You are someone who is able to work accurately, with attention to detail, also within set-up deadlines. In-depth analytical skills to gather data from different sources, prepare and verify payroll calculations. You are someone who is able to review current way-of-working and help improve payroll processes, policies and related work instructions, process improvement mind-set and able to interact with third party providers and escalate issues to the right level and on time. You are someone with good communication skills to help employees to understand their payslip and any payroll changes, able to provide good customer service, also to deal professionally with confidential matters; result driven, disciplined team player, who contributes to a positive work environment. You’re looking for a company where you have the opportunity to pursue your aspirations, where a job title is not considered the final definition of who you are, but the starting point. Furthermore you have the following skills, experience and qualifications:
- Hands-on HR, payroll related experience; good to have relevant qualifications or Bachelor degree
- Strong experience within a payroll or HR shared services (SSC)
- Payroll processing, local labour legislation and tax requirements of UK
- Experience of EMEA payroll would be beneficial
- Proven experience in payroll tools like PEX, MyHRW, ADP Streamline. Familiarity with business software such as Microsoft Office, Workday and Kronos
- Advanced English language mastery (oral and written). Good to have intermediate mastery of the language(s) prevalent in the assigned large sites (> 100 employees)
- Advance Spanish language mastery (oral and written) would be beneficial.
What we offer
We offer an excellent work environment where you can develop your skills and knowledge, the opportunity to work in a team of highly collaborative experts in a fun and dynamic atmosphere, and competitive salary and benefits. At Lonza we invest in great people. We encourage our employees to challenge themselves, and we offer an environment that fosters creativity and success. With headquarters in Basel, Switzerland, we operate production, R&D and business sites around the world, including Europe, North America and Asia.