Global Operations Controller - Bioscience
United States, Walkersville (Maryland)
Today Lonza is a global leader in life sciences. We are more than 15,000 employees in more than 100 locations around the world. While we work in science, there’s no magic formula to how we do it. Our greatest scientific solution is talented people working together, devising ideas that help businesses to help people. In exchange, we let our people own their careers. Their ideas, big and small, genuinely improve the world. And that’s the kind of work we want to be part of.
Lonza Bioscience is actively seeking a Global Operations Controller - Bioscience who will play a pivotal role to ensure the Bioscience organization’s fiscal strength and growth. He/she will business partner with Bioscience Operations Head in order to ensure Operations Strategy is translated into Financial Targets per site/asset. Ensure proper flow of communication and coordination between operations and business unit (BU) finance business partner.
This individual will provide oversight of the Walkersville, Maryland site; he/she will lead all financial analysis for the site, provide services to all BU on site such as analysis, consolidation, reporting and support. He/she will be involved in various productivity activities (i.e. restructuring, efficiency initiatives, optimization…etc.) depending on the BU priorities.
He/she directly manages teams in 6 sites (US/EMEA), overlooking and consolidating BS activities in 3 further sites
- Business Partner with Bioscience Operation Head to provide finance leadership to the Operations Leadership team
- Provide financial direction and transparency to Walkersville Site Leadership Team, coordinate financial & business plan development, track performance management including required analysis and reporting
- Responsible for coordinating monthly closing and reporting activities across the sites in accordance with International Financial Reporting Standards (IFRS)
- Monitor operational business performance indicators, analyze variances and prepare reconciliations to explain changes compared to target, prior year and latest outlook
- Develop monthly, quarterly and year-end financial reports, including periodic forecasts and outlooks
- Proactively work on continuous process improvements, simplification and harmonization of processes across sites
- Analyze product, portfolio and manufacturing choices by understanding complex costing systems/cost drivers and develop optimization recommendations
- Evaluate procedures employed in various departments and functions and ensure adequacy for internal control (lCS) purposes
- Provide costing and pricing information to support contracting process
- Perform other duties and analysis as assigned
- MBA degree or equivalent (Finance, Accounting, Economics or Business disciple)
- Association of Chartered Certified Accountants (ACCA) or Chartered Institute of Management Accountants (CIMA) certification (preferred)
- Substantial experience in a large multi-national manufacturing environment (preferably in a biotech/pharma)
- Knowledge of accounting concepts and regulations
- Cost analysis, budgeting, and financial reporting in a manufacturing organization
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills (written and oral)
- Excellent analytical and problem solving skills
- Ability to interpret and explain financial information and projections
- Ability to work under pressure and manage conflicting priorities
Every day, Lonza’s products and services have a positive impact on millions of people. For us, this is not only a great privilege, but also a great responsibility. How we achieve our business results is just as important as the achievements themselves. At Lonza, we respect and protect our people and our environment. Any success we achieve is no success at all if not achieved ethically.
People come to Lonza for the challenge and creativity of solving complex problems and developing new ideas in life sciences. In return, we offer the satisfaction that comes with improving lives all around the world. The satisfaction that comes with making a meaningful difference.
Lonza is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, status as a qualified individual with disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.