Principal Scientist - Method development & Validation
United Kingdom, Slough
Today Lonza is a global leader in life sciences. We are more than 15,000 employees in more than 100 locations around the world. While we work in science, there’s no magic formula to how we do it. Our greatest scientific solution is talented people working together, devising ideas that help businesses to help people. In exchange, we let our people own their careers. Their ideas, big and small, genuinely improve the world. And that’s the kind of work we want to be part of.
Here at Lonza Slough, we are looking for an enthusiastic Principal Scientist to join our growing and successful MDV (Method Development & Validation) Team on a full time permanent basis. The successful candidate will be responsible for the Development and validation of analytical methods to support routine GMP (Good Manufacturing Practice) testing of biopharmaceutical products.
- Design and execute experimental plans to develop analytical methods for use with recombinant biopharmaceutical products
- To lead multiple studies (transfer/development and/or validation) for a range of analytical methods with a high level of complexity/project simultaneously and ensure work executed efficiently and appropriately for successful studies right first time.
- Transferring analytical methods to other internal laboratories and sites
- Scope and identify new technologies and bring in technologies in line with business needs
- Verify method performance meets the requirements defined in the analytical target profile
- Contributes to sales meetings to explain technical details and support broad and complex proposals
- Method troubleshooting and optimisation where required
- Proficient with statistical techniques for data analysis
- Preparation and approval of test methods, study protocols and study reports
- Maintaining a high level of scientific expertise and keeping up to date with current technical and regulatory expectations
- Training, coaching and supporting junior scientists
- BSc in relevant scientific discipline or relevant previous experience
- Working knowledge of protein structure, post translational modifications, degradation pathways and critical quality attributes relevant to biopharmaceutical products
- Hands-on experience in developing analytical methods for use on novel biopharmaceutical products
- Experience in solving technical problems observed during method development and routine method operation
- Experience in the use of statistical tools such as DoE to support method optimization
Every day, Lonza’s products and services have a positive impact on millions of people. For us, this is not only a great privilege, but also a great responsibility. How we achieve our business results is just as important as the achievements themselves. At Lonza, we respect and protect our people and our environment. Any success we achieve is no success at all if not achieved ethically.
People come to Lonza for the challenge and creativity of solving complex problems and developing new ideas in life sciences. In return, we offer the satisfaction that comes with improving lives all around the world. The satisfaction that comes with making a meaningful difference.