Intern, Research & Development
United States, Bend (Oregon)
Today Lonza is a global leader in life sciences. We are more than 15,000 employees in more than 100 locations around the world. While we work in science, there’s no magic formula to how we do it. Our greatest scientific solution is talented people working together, devising ideas that help businesses to help people. In exchange, we let our people own their careers. Their ideas, big and small, genuinely improve the world. And that’s the kind of work we want to be part of.
Lonza Pharma & Biotech has an open position for a paid internship with the Biomanufacturing R&D team at our location in Bend, OR. This is an excellent opportunity to join a challenging, dynamic, and cross-disciplinary team of scientists and engineers who focus on improving the manufacturing of biologics medicines. The position will be a 6-9 month term, with a full time commitment preferred, but part time commitment considered. The start date is as soon as possible and the shift is day time (8:00-5:00) with flexibility to work with your class schedule.
Skills acquired through this position include mammalian cell culture fundamentals and how to work in an industrial laboratory environment. You will also learn to collaborate with a multidisciplinary team of engineers, chemists and biologists.
- Daily operations of lab scale bioreactors
- Building, setup and maintenance of bioreactors
- Making precise media solutions for bioreactor experiments
- Restocking, cleaning, and tracking inventories
- Keeping the lab running as efficiently as possible
- Maintaining accurate and precise lab records for data analysis and traceability
- Planning and executing an individual project to be presented to the team at the end of the internship
- Currently studying biology, chemistry, engineering, or a related life science with at least 60 credit hours (Junior standing) completed and a 3.0 GPA
- Enthusiastic about the biopharmaceutical industry and learning about industry technology
- Interest in taking ownership of project aspects
- Displays good problem solving skills
- Exhibits time management skills
Every day, Lonza’s products and services have a positive impact on millions of people. For us, this is not only a great privilege, but also a great responsibility. How we achieve our business results is just as important as the achievements themselves. At Lonza, we respect and protect our people and our environment. Any success we achieve is no success at all if not achieved ethically.
People come to Lonza for the challenge and creativity of solving complex problems and developing new ideas in life sciences. In return, we offer the satisfaction that comes with improving lives all around the world. The satisfaction that comes with making a meaningful difference.
Lonza is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, status as a qualified individual with disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.