Head of MSAT BioConjugates Visp
Today Lonza is a global leader in life sciences. We are more than 15,000 employees in more than 100 locations around the world. While we work in science, there’s no magic formula to how we do it. Our greatest scientific solution is talented people working together, devising ideas that help businesses to help people. In exchange, we let our people own their careers. Their ideas, big and small, genuinely improve the world. And that’s the kind of work we want to be part of.
Bioconjugates manufacturing at Lonza
Lonza has a strong track record in the manufacturing of Bioconjugates, an emerging class of novel targeted biopharmaceuticals. We are experiencing an increased demand in this area. Therefore, we will create a manufacturing science and technology (MSAT) team to support the portfolio of clinical and commercial products in our facilities. The newly established MSAT group will play a crucial role in the network between the different departments as manufacturing, development, quality assurance, and others. Activities inherent to the support of the commercial and resupply portfolio, harmonize and standardize processes and foster innovation in manufacturing are some of the key responsibilities of this team.
In the position as Head of MSAT Bioconjugates, you can make a difference by establishing and managing the MSAT team Bioconjugates Visp. You will be leading a team of MSAT process experts responsible for the supervision, support, and life cycle management of bioconjugation processes in the clinical and commercial protein conjugation plants in Visp. You are accountable for the performance and results of the assigned area including cost control. You are a member of the Bioconjugates Leadership Team.
- Manages a team of process experts for the bioconjugation plants in Visp with full responsibility for all aspects of human resource management such as qualification, development, coaching, hiring, pay decisions, and discipline issues.
- Ensures and manages the interfaces to Manufacturing, Plant Engineering, Development Services, QA, QC, and other sites related to MSAT topics.
- Responsible for setting up and developing the MSAT organization in Bioconjugates.
- Working as senior MSAT process expert, mainly responsible for delivering all input required for the specific processes (general deviations and change requests, process related deviations, process validation, process robustness analysis, leachable/extractable and compatibility assessments, annual product review, APQR)
- Responsible for the introduction of new technologies, cleaning strategy, development and implementation of standardized MSAT procedures and processes.
- Bachelor / Master degree, PhD preferred. Preferred area of study: Biotechnology, chemical engineering or related disciplines
- More than 5 years of experience in the area of biopharma manufacturing and / or process development preferable in the area of Bioconjugates, Mammalian or Microbial Manufacturing
- Strong leadership skills
- Very good communication skills and interaction with all kinds of interfaces within customers and the project organization
- Strong team orientation
- Open-minded for new ideas and suggestions
- Agile, highly motivated and dynamic drive
Every day, Lonza’s products and services have a positive impact on millions of people. For us, this is not only a great privilege, but also a great responsibility. How we achieve our business results is just as important as the achievements themselves. At Lonza, we respect and protect our people and our environment. Any success we achieve is no success at all if not achieved ethically.
People come to Lonza for the challenge and creativity of solving complex problems and developing new ideas in life sciences. In return, we offer the satisfaction that comes with improving lives all around the world. The satisfaction that comes with making a meaningful difference.