Operations Assistant / Senior Operations Assistant
Singapore, Tuas Singapore
Today Lonza is a global leader in life sciences. We are more than 15,000 employees in more than 100 locations around the world. While we work in science, there is no magic formula to how we do it. Our greatest scientific solution is talented people working together, devising ideas that help businesses to help people. In exchange, we let our people own their careers. Their ideas, big and small, genuinely improve the world. And that’s the kind of work we want to be part of.
The Operations Assistant/ Senior Assistant is a member of the Logistics team, and is capable to perform, with minimal supervision, any of the three main activities of the logistics team: Receiving of materials, Picking/Issuing, Shipping of Final product and samples.
- Receiving of materials, according to the existing SOPs and always in compliance with the cGMPs.
- Picking of materials and issuance to manufacturing (or other users), fulfilling all the required SAP transactions.
- Participate in the shipping activities, both for Final product and samples, keeping the integrity and security of the goods shipped.
- Participate in the Inventory Cycle count as required.
- Maintain accuracy in all the required SAP processes and transactions.
- Participate in the improvement projects affecting the logistics department.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Able to lead individual function or operations (Receiving, Issuing and Shipping) in the absence of a senior operator or Specialist.
- Good interpersonal skills.
- GCE O level / Diploma in Supply Chain/Material Management.
- Significant warehousing experience in the logistics/ biotech manufacturing environment.
- Valid Forklift operating license.
- Understanding of cGMP basic processes and procedures.
- Good computer knowledge (i.e. Outlook, Word, Excel, etc).
- Ability to operate forklift and other warehouse equipment are essential.
- Positive attitude, willing to learn.
- Action orientation and a positive attitude.
Every day, Lonza's products and services have a positive impact on millions of people. For us, this is not only a great privilege, but also a great responsibility. How we achieve our business results is just as important as the achievements themselves. At Lonza, we respect and protect our people and our environment. Any success we achieve is no success at all if not achieve ethically.
People come to Lonza for the challenge and creativity of solving complex problems and developing new ideas in life sciences. In return, we offer the satisfaction that comes with improving lives all around the world. The satisfaction that comes with making a meaningful difference.