What makes YOU different?
Lonza Specialty Ingredients (LSI) combines technological innovation with world class manufacturing and process excellence. Specialty Chemical Services provides solutions for composite materials and processing additives for technically demanding industries, such as electronics, transportation and aerospace. We also provide performance intermediates & chemicals for many industrial applications, such as agro intermediates, food & feed ingredients, cosmetics, non-current good manufacturing practices (non-cGMP) intermediates, and custom development & manufacturing.
The Cost Accountant will support the Wood division and is located in Conley, GA within the Lonza Specialty Ingredients by delivering timely, accurate and useful financial information and variance analysis. Reporting to the Site Controller, this role will provide cost accounting oversite for 3 manufacturing sites and tolling locations. In addition to effectively business partnering with site operations and the finance organization.
- Performs closing activities for cost account accounting responsibilities - monthly, quarterly and yearend
- Inventory reconciliation reserve analysis and entries – monthly, quarterly and yearend
- Manufacturing Variance Analysis and Reporting (production variances, purchase price variances, etc.).
- Develops accurate product costing and supports “new” product costing (Material Master, BOMs, Recipe, and Rate Routings).
- Assists with annual target process to develop manufacturing unit standards accurately an timely per corporate guidelines
- Assists as needed, in coordinating and performing annual physical inventories and cycle counts. Including support for analysis and reconciliation of process and inventory adjustments.
- Interact with all aspects of Plant operations—Maintenance, Engineering, Production, Logistics and Management
- Provide support for internal and external audit requests
- Special projects as assigned.
- Bachelor Degree in Accounting/Finance required
- 2 – 5 years cost accounting experience
- Strong analytical skills
- SAP / ERP systems required
- Manufacturing experience – Chemical experience highly preferred
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Interpersonal skills required to work in a manufacturing team environment
People come to Lonza for the challenge and creativity of solving complex problems and developing new ideas in life sciences. In return, we offer the satisfaction that comes with improving lives all around the world. The satisfaction that comes with making a meaningful difference.
Lonza is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, status as a qualified individual with disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.