Sr Manager, QC Operations
United States, Portsmouth (New Hampshire)
Today Lonza is a global leader in life sciences. We are more than 15,000 employees in more than 100 locations around the world. While we work in science, there’s no magic formula to how we do it. Our greatest scientific solution is talented people working together, devising ideas that help businesses to help people. In exchange, we let our people own their careers. Their ideas, big and small, genuinely improve the world. And that’s the kind of work we want to be part of.
Lonza in Portsmouth, NH is searching for a Sr. Manager QC Operations to join our team. As the Sr. Manager, you will lead and oversee responsibilities for assigned Quality Control laboratory and support functions, including raw material testing, QC Logistics support for all laboratories, including Microbiology and Biochemistry, Stability Studies and customer support for QC testing, and QC Systems (oversight, maintenance and calibration of lab instruments). This role provides a controlled work environment, ensuring that all staff understand safety requirements and operating procedures. As the Sr. Manager, you will build, maintain and execute robust, compliant systems in support of GMP laboratory testing programs. You will also be responsible for the quality and on-time delivery of test results, validation data and other QC deliverables to internal and external customers.
- Develops and administers budgets, schedules and performance requirements.
- Acts as business partner representing Quality Control for assigned manufacturing asset(s), ensuring alignment of QC systems and processes across all assets.
- Hires, trains and develops energized, motivated, team oriented staff. Ensures that operator training, education and advancement programs are robust, supporting employee retention goals. Develops the technical, GMP and leadership skills of QC personnel and perform mid-year and annual reviews of supervised QC personnel.
- Measures throughput, performance and other appropriate metrics and report them to management. Takes action to address negative trends.
- Bachelor of Science degree and/or advanced Graduate degree in Chemistry, Microbiology, Biochemistry or equivalent field.
- Significant working experience in a GMP/Professional environment.
- Significant experience with direct supervisory/management.
- Previous experience using GMP Quality Systems (ex. TrackWise, LIMS).
- Excellent communication skills with the ability to collaborate across multiple teams and projects.
Every day, Lonza's products and services have a positive impact on millions of people. For us, this is not only a great privilege, but also a great responsibility. How we achieve our business results is just as important as the achievements themselves. At Lonza, we respect and protect our people and our environment. Any success we achieve is no success at all if not achieved ethically.
People come to Lonza for the challenge and creativity of solving complex problems and developing new ideas in life sciences. In return, we offer the satisfaction that comes with improving lives all around the world. The satisfaction that comes with making a meaningful difference.
Lonza is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, status as a qualified individual with disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.