Scientist, Product Development
United States, Bend (Oregon)
Lonza Pharma & Biotech has an open position for a Scientist to join the Product Development team at our location in Bend, OR. This is an excellent opportunity to join a group of scientists and engineers who focus on using drug delivery technologies for the development of pharmaceutical intermediates and products.
As a Scientist you will be responsible for executing experimental protocols and supporting internal technology development areas as an integral part of our customer-focused design and development business. You will routinely work with others to conduct experiments, analyze & interpret data, and communicate results to internal teams. You will apply scientific fundamentals in a hypothesis-driven environment to guide and support the development of methods, formulations, and processes needed to promote success at all stages of the product life cycle.
Scientist, Product Development will be a part of a multi-disciplinary team, working independently for established skills, and mentored in developing skills. To be successful, you must demonstrate curiosity, take initiative to acquire proficiency in a broad range of fundamental laboratory techniques, and maintain focus to deliver high-quality results while working within project timelines.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Contribute to research and development activities in collaboration with clients and internal technical teams by executing work plans
- Apply knowledge of pharmaceutical science, chemistry, material science, and engineering to solve challenges around safety, drug delivery, formulation, analytics, and manufacturing
- Adhere to scientifically-sound practices; including the design, execution, review, and interpretation of experiments
- Communicate technical information to internal teams in the form of oral and written correspondence, presentations, and reports
- Prepare documents such as standard operating procedures, memos, reports, and technology transfer documentation
- Maintain instruments, equipment, processes, and systems to improve safety, quality, and performance
- Entry level with a degree in science, engineering, or related field
- Research experience is highly desirable
- Strong foundation in mathematical and scientific principles
- Ability to perform and document experiments
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Work successfully in a fast-paced, dynamic, highly collaborative, scientifically-driven, team-oriented, and customer-focused environment inclusive of research, development, and GMP manufacturing
- Understanding of research practices and the pharmaceutical industry is encouraged