Powdersize - Program Manager
United States, Quakertown (Pennsylvania)
Today Lonza is a global leader in life sciences. We are more than 15,000 employees in more than 100 locations around the world. While we work in science, there’s no magic formula to how we do it. Our greatest scientific solution is talented people working together, devising ideas that help businesses to help people. In exchange, we let our people own their careers. Their ideas, big and small, genuinely improve the world. And that’s the kind of work we want to be part of.
The Program Manager at Lonza works with others in planning, monitoring and managing customer projects from initiation through completion. They execute specific projects ensuring consistency with company commitments and goals. The Program Manger will learn and acquire a good understanding of Lonza's technology and internal networks. For Lonza, Program Management is the interface between Sales and Operations to deliver and execute customer contracts.
- Serves as the primary on-site interface for the customer regarding the technical operation or execution of the project.
- Accountable to lead, manage and motivate project team and to maintain efficient and effective communication with all key stakeholders.
- Manage project development from initial inquiry to project execution (project life cycle management).
- Accountable for project/program life cycle management and delivery according to customer contract.
- Responsible for: planning, monitoring and executing to defined project scope, ensuring cost, timing and quality objectives are met.
- Collaborates with other groups, for all activities necessary to ensure program requirements are met.
- Track, report and provide appropriate status reports to management and customer.
- Accountable to resolve any project issue and proactive resolution of problems throughout project life cycle.
- Prepares meeting minutes, agendas and overall co-ordination of customer visits.
- Bachelors degree in Scientific or Technical Discipline
- Experience working in a team-oriented collaborative environment
- Leadership, communication and interpersonal skills in influencing people and outcomes
- Good written and verbal communications.
- Strong ability to prioritize and utilize effective time management skills.
- Microsoft Office, organization skills, record keeping and the ability to handle multiple assignments simultaneously.
Every day, Lonza’s products and services have a positive impact on millions of people. For us, this is not only a great privilege, but also a great responsibility. How we achieve our business results is just as important as the achievements themselves. At Lonza, we respect and protect our people and our environment. Any success we achieve is no success at all if not achieved ethically.
People come to Lonza for the challenge and creativity of solving complex problems and developing new ideas in life sciences. In return, we offer the satisfaction that comes with improving lives all around the world. The satisfaction that comes with making a meaningful difference.
Lonza is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, status as a qualified individual with disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.