Today Lonza is a global leader in life sciences. We are more than 15,000 employees in more than 100 locations around the world. While we work in science, there’s no magic formula to how we do it. Our greatest scientific solution is talented people working together, devising ideas that help businesses to help people. In exchange, we let our people own their careers. Their ideas, big and small, genuinely improve the world. And that’s the kind of work we want to be part of.
We are currently looking for an experienced Program Manager Specialist to be join our Bioscience business based from Verviers in Belgium.
Under the direction of the PM Site Head / PM BU Head, has primary responsibility for developing and maintaining a successful and efficient collaboration with assigned key customers and managing their existing portfolio. Thorough, effective interaction with and management of the local teams with overall customer project execution responsibility for existing business portfolio.
- Lead a multi-disciplinary project team for the execution of customer projects. Based on Contract/Amendment project scope, this includes the responsibility and accountable for project initiation, planning, project execution/implementation, controlling (including costs) & monitoring, and closeout.
- Primary on-site interface for the Customer on contractual issues regarding the technical operation and execution of the project at Lonza. The primary interface with the Customer regarding project execution in accordance to an approved Project Plan (includes tasking, task owners, dependencies, timelines and cost).
- To be the Customers advocate on-site to ensure all customer requirements are realized.
- Ensure familiarity with the relevant financial aspects of the contracts managed.
- Responsible for organizing and hosting visits of potential future customers to the site.
- The Program Manager is responsible to coach the assigned Project Team members in close collaboration with line management to ensure Project Team success. Should initiate sharing best practice with peers and appropriate line managers.
- Conduct internal and external Project Team Meetings to ensure that all stakeholders and the customer are working in accordance to the agreed to Project Plan. Agendas and Minutes are required for these meetings for accountability.
- Responsible for annual budgeting and monthly re-forecasting via S&OP liaising with Sales and Finance as appropriate.
What we need you to have:
- Scientific degree in biology or biochemistry (master or PhD) or equivalent
- Practical working experience of 3 to 5 years in a biological or biomedical environment.
- Previous Program, Project, Contract, Sales Management or other relevant industrial experience gained within the Biotech or Pharmaceutical industry
- General working knowledge of cell culture, cell biology, molecular biology or related disciplines
- Fluent in English and French. A third EU language is an advantage.
- Use of SAP, MS Excel, MS PowerPoint, MS Word, MS SharePoint.
Every day, Lonza’s products and services have a positive impact on millions of people. For us, this is not only a great privilege, but also a great responsibility. How we achieve our business results is just as important as the achievements themselves. At Lonza, we respect and protect our people and our environment. Any success we achieve is no success at all if not achieved ethically.
People come to Lonza for the challenge and creativity of solving complex problems and developing new ideas in life sciences. In return, we offer the satisfaction that comes with improving lives all around the world. The satisfaction that comes with making a meaningful difference.