Scientist Purification Development
United Kingdom, Slough
Today Lonza is a global leader in life sciences. We are more than 15,000 employees in more than 100 locations around the world. While we work in science, there’s no magic formula to how we do it. Our greatest scientific solution is talented people working together, devising ideas that help businesses to help people. In exchange, we let our people own their careers. Their ideas, big and small, genuinely improve the world. And that’s the kind of work we want to be part of.
We are currently looking to recruit a Scientist to join our Purification Development team based in Slough on a 12 month fixed term contract. As a Scientist, you will be responsible for developing / evaluating, characterising and validating protein purification processes for monoclonal antibodies and other recombinant proteins and support the transfer of these processes to pilot and GMP Manufacturing scale.
If you have previous AKTA or Chromatography experience, please read on!
- Plan and design own experiments with guidance from lead scientist
- Buffer preparation, purification of proteins
- Responsible for the execution and delivery of own projects with particular attention to safety, quality, on time and right first time
- Escalate technical issues in a timely fashion
- Ensure that experimental details, raw data and results are recorded as appropriately
- Collate, analyse and evaluate data to produce good quality process information
- Operate as part of a cross-functional project team
- Prepare and deliver high quality presentations, protocols and reports
- Ensure own training is up to date
- Contribute to the efficient running of the laboratories
- BSc / PhD in Biotechnology or in a relevant scientific discipline and appropriate laboratory experience
- Theoretical knowledge of protein chemistry and protein purification
- Strong practical laboratory skills within this area
- Practical experience with laboratory scale AKTA chromatography and ultrafiltration (TFF) systems
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Strong planning and organisational skills
- Proficient in the use of Unicorn software
- Must have excellent interpersonal skills to work effectively as part of a multidisciplinary/project team
- Comfortable working in a fast-paced environment with changing priorities
Every day, Lonza’s products and services have a positive impact on millions of people. For us, this is not only a great privilege, but also a great responsibility. How we achieve our business results is just as important as the achievements themselves. At Lonza, we respect and protect our people and our environment. Any success we achieve is no success at all if not achieved ethically.
People come to Lonza for the challenge and creativity of solving complex problems and developing new ideas in life sciences. In return, we offer the satisfaction that comes with improving lives all around the world. The satisfaction that comes with making a meaningful difference.