Group Leader - Bioassay
United Kingdom, Slough
Today Lonza is a global leader in life sciences. We are more than 15,000 employees in more than 100 locations around the world. While we work in science, there’s no magic formula to how we do it. Our greatest scientific solution is talented people working together, devising ideas that help businesses to help people. In exchange, we let our people own their careers. Their ideas, big and small, genuinely improve the world. And that’s the kind of work we want to be part of.
Here at Lonza, we have an exciting opportunity for a Group Leader to join one of our fast moving, dynamic, world leading scientific teams...
The successful applicant for this position will be leading the Biopotency and Immunoassay team within Analytical Services at Lonza on site in Slough.
Lead a team of scientists to deliver Customer method transfer and development studies on time, on budget and in compliance with Lonza Biologics Safety and cGMP policies and specific regulations on behalf of the Analytical Service function
- Line management of staff to ensure work is executed and delivered to a consistently high quality and to agreed timelines
- Manage team performance through designated KPIs. Maintain required team training and skills to execute duties. Monitor team’s overhead & BUP levels and timesheet accuracy
- Troubleshoot technical issues as required
- Create realistic work plans deploying resources to deliver planned work schedule
- Manage progress, operational constraints and unplanned events to maintain schedule adherence
- Maintain open lines of communication elevating issues as necessary
- Identify and manage opportunities for process improvement
- Engage with internal and external customers as appropriate to align customer needs with execution
- Degree level one of the Biological areas
- Experienced in using activity/potency methods for recombinant protein therapeutics.
- Experience using Elisa in an industry setting
- Demonstrated experience of development and validation of activity/binding assays or cell based assays
- Demonstrates loyalty and commitment to team. Actively promotes the department.
- Anticipates problems and shows initiative for problem-solving and generating new ideas.
- Willing to undertake a range of tasks for the effective running of the department. Trustworthy with confidential information, is able to deal with confidential information in an appropriate and sensitive way. Does not divulge information out of department.
Every day, Lonza’s products and services have a positive impact on millions of people. For us, this is not only a great privilege, but also a great responsibility. How we achieve our business results is just as important as the achievements themselves. At Lonza, we respect and protect our people and our environment. Any success we achieve is no success at all if not achieved ethically.
People come to Lonza for the challenge and creativity of solving complex problems and developing new ideas in life sciences. In return, we offer the satisfaction that comes with improving lives all around the world. The satisfaction that comes with making a meaningful difference.