Core Technician - Viral Vector
Today Lonza is a global leader in life sciences. We are more than 15,000 employees in more than 100 locations around the world. While we work in science, there’s no magic formula to how we do it. Our greatest scientific solution is talented people working together, devising ideas that help businesses to help people. In exchange, we let our people own their careers. Their ideas, big and small, genuinely improve the world. And that’s the kind of work we want to be part of.
Lonza Cell and Gene Therapy Facility is the largest in the world and our facility is growing. We are looking for professionals to grow with us and we have this exciting opportunity the Viral Vector Therapy group https://www.lonza.com/viraltherapy The Viral Vector Core Technician will be responsible for performing a variety of tasks associated with the production of sterile biological pharmaceutical products.
- Knowledgeable and complies with all pertinent safety policies, rules and regulations.
- Ensure that all team members comply with safety rules and regulations.
- Maintenance of quality systems and cGMP compliance for the business by ensuring that all team members comply with processes, procedures and instructions for all activities in
which the team participates.
- Able to perform procedures according to written guidelines and recognize a deviation from accepted practice.
- A majority of the work is done in cleanroom environment.
- While working in the cleanroom, scrubs, hairnet, shoe covers, hood, gown, mask, boots and two pairs of gloves are required.
- Must be capable of motivating others, creating a positive work climate where inter-departmental collaboration, coaching and performance feedback are continuous.
- Capable of clearly assigning objectives, clearly setting and measuring and monitoring progress, marshaling resources and handling competing priorities.
- Experienced at establishing clear directions, leading others and bringing out their best.
- This role will include working Nights and Weekends. (12 hour shifts)
- Bachelor’s Degree in Life Sciences or Associates Degree
- Basic Lab experience with a Bachelor’s degree or Intermediate Lab experience within a cGMP clinical production environment and a High School Diploma
- Lab experience preferred.
Every day, Lonza’s products and services have a positive impact on millions of people. For us, this is not only a great privilege, but also a great responsibility. How we achieve our business results is just as important as the achievements themselves. At Lonza, we respect and protect our people and our environment. Any success we achieve is no success at all if not achieved ethically.
People come to Lonza for the challenge and creativity of solving complex problems and developing new ideas in life sciences. In return, we offer the satisfaction that comes with improving lives all around the world. The satisfaction that comes with making a meaningful difference.
Lonza is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, status as a qualified individual with disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.