Associate Scientist, Process Technology R&D
United States, Portsmouth (New Hampshire)
Today Lonza is a global leader in life sciences. We are more than 15,000 employees in more than 100 locations around the world. While we work in science, there’s no magic formula to how we do it. Our greatest scientific solution is talented people working together, devising ideas that help businesses to help people. In exchange, we let our people own their careers. Their ideas, big and small, genuinely improve the world. And that’s the kind of work we want to be part of.
Lonza in Portsmouth, NH is searching for an R&D Associate Scientist to join our team. As our Associate Scientist, you will be developing new purification process operations within the Mammalian Manufacturing Research and Technology group. You will be responsible for executing R&D study plans, experiments, and evaluations. You will also be delivering completed evaluations and reports on the latest downstream processing processes and technology.
- Identify purification initiatives for mammalian bioprocess with an objective of establishing a leading position for Lonza within the biotech industry.
- Evaluation of potential downstream solutions including experimental design, data analysis, and experimental summaries from bench scale and manufacturing scale experiments
- Join global team developing novel mammalian purification processes and improvements by avidly participating in technical and scientific meetings.
- Bachelor of Science degree in Biological Sciences or Biomedical/Chemical Engineering.
- Working knowledge with R&D technological background in protein purification.
- Previous hands-on industry experience preferred.
- Working knowledge of process scale-up and commercial manufacturing preferred.
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills.
- Creativity and troubleshooting skills to develop new and expand current technical capabilities.
Every day, Lonza's products and services have a positive impact on millions of people. For us, this is not only a great privilege, but also a great responsibility. How we achieve our business results is just as important as the achievements themselves. At Lonza, we respect and protect our people and our environment. Any success we achieve is no success at all if not achieved ethically.
People come to Lonza for the challenge and creativity of solving complex problems and developing new ideas in life sciences. In return, we offer the satisfaction that comes with improving lives all around the world. The satisfaction that comes with making a meaningful difference.
Lonza is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, status as a qualified individual with disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.