United States, Walkersville (Maryland)
Today Lonza is a global leader in life sciences. We are more than 15,000 employees in more than 100 locations around the world. While we work in science, there’s no magic formula to how we do it. Our greatest scientific solution is talented people working together, devising ideas that help businesses to help people. In exchange, we let our people own their careers. Their ideas, big and small, genuinely improve the world. And that’s the kind of work we want to be part of.
Provides engineering services plant wide for plant maintenance, upgrades, capital projects and process related initiatives. Responsible for mechanical and/or electrical troubleshooting and breakdown response of all plant utility systems
- Support plant Utility Systems including Heating, Ventilation, and Air Conditioning (HVAC), Compressed Air, Water to Water-for-injection (WFI), Clean Steam and other building utilities.
- Work with Maintenance to ensure safe, reliable and efficient operations of all assigned Plant Utility systems.
- Assist mechanics in troubleshooting Plant Utility systems.
- Coordinate with vendors and production for systems upgrades, changes, maintenance and breakdowns.
- Provide engineering support for plant upgrades and validation activities as needed.
- Assists with developing, revising and reviewing Facility’s Standard Operating Procedures and Predicted and Preventive Maintenance.
- Manage small projects involving Plant utilities
- B.S. degree in Mechanical, Electrical or related discipline.
- 5+ years with Facility experience. Experience in a cGMP manufacturing facility preferred
- HVAC’s, Compressed Air, Water to Water-for-injection (WFI), Clean Steam and other building utilities.
- AutoCad a plus.
- Managing small and medium projects with little direction.
- Able to interact with contractors, consultants and other resources as required.
- Microsoft Office, organization skills, record keeping and the ability to handle multiple assignments simultaneously.
Every day, Lonza’s products and services have a positive impact on millions of people. For us, this is not only a great privilege, but also a great responsibility. How we achieve our business results is just as important as the achievements themselves. At Lonza, we respect and protect our people and our environment. Any success we achieve is no success at all if not achieved ethically.
People come to Lonza for the challenge and creativity of solving complex problems and developing new ideas in life sciences. In return, we offer the satisfaction that comes with improving lives all around the world. The satisfaction that comes with making a meaningful difference.
Lonza is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, status as a qualified individual with disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.